• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello all

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello all

Hello all,

I've been a fan of meguiars for years. I recently purchased a new home and I told the wife I wanted to make sure it had a car garage so I can work on my car.
    I always dreamed of having a garage and I can detail and wax my cars. I own a Audi TT and Toyota Camry. I recently purchased a Porter Cable 7424XP and
    cant wait to start polishing my cars up. I hope to learn any waxing and cleaning techniques from you all.

Thanks,

Re: Hello all

to MOL! You came to the right place! Meguiar's products rock!

What polishes do you have right now?
    2011 Car Crazy Showcase SEMA Team

Comment

Welcome to The Forum.

Comment

thank you everyone. im using ultimate liquid wax. i bought it because it does not leave white residues on the trim and plastic.

i just want to confirm the procedures.

- wash
        - clay bar
        - polish all the swirls
        - wax and buff(last?)

is that the correct steps?

Comment

Yeah you got it down correctly. Your "polish all the swirls" category can be broken down further into two categories namely cleaner polish and fine polish. Usually, people start out with a strong cleaner polish such as Ultimate Compound or SwirlX depending on the severity of the swirls and defects. (Usually, you use the least aggressive method to get the job done) After this step is done, your paint can be refined with a finer polish such as Ultimate Polish. If your defects are very minor then you could go straight to polishing with Ultimate Polish.

This Meguiar's 5-Step Paint Care Cycle article should help you confirm on the proper steps in proper detailing.

Hope this helps! Please let us know if you have any more questions.
          2011 Car Crazy Showcase SEMA Team

Comment

thank you. i have some oxidation on the window trim. do you have any recommendations?

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');