• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hi from southern california

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hi from southern california

Hello everyone. I've been washing, waxing and polishing my own cars for years and have used a couple of Meguiars products consistently, namely NXT and the old Cleaner Wax (before there was NXT). I now drive a black 2004 honda accord coupe and want to get a little more serious about keeping it swirl free and giving it a deep, dark shine.

I also have some isolated spots of clearcoat failure due to my year of neglecting to wash it (long story) and am in the process of fixing those areas. So far I have fixed one area by sanding and then painting with duplicolor and it came out really well. Not sure if I am going to do the same with the other spots though because the color doesn't exactly match. I am going to try and sand and re-clear the other spots.

Anyway, I want to find out more about what products, tips and techniques to use for keeping my paint, tires, trim and exterior looking new. I have a cheap random orbit buffer which I've used successfully for years. Its noisy and vibrates like mad but it actually does a good job at removing swirls with UC. I can't afford a DA right now, but if I could I'd get a PC 7424. I also use MF towels.

Gabe
Working...
X
gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');