• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

scratchy headlight lenzes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• scratchy headlight lenzes

hello i am FOG GONE mobile headlight reconditioner. i have been doing this for 1 month now. i have done aprox 80 vehicles succesfully. I recently did a 2005 toyota convertable. they were brownish in color. i started with 500 grit then to 800 grit then to 3000 grit then meguiars polish. the color is gone and the lenzes are clear but even after 3 lengthy polishes the scracthes are still evident. the are questions i have; Will resanding with 5000 grit make a difference or are these lenses made of half glass?. Is there a step or product i am missing that can cure this problem? please reply to me at cfar2nite@gmail.com

Re: scratchy headlight lenzes

Might ask this in the Detailing 101 forum instead in this "introduce yourself" forum. More people might see it.
    Also, replies are usually done here rather than by e-mail: "each one, teach one".

I am NOT sure... if this scenario applies to you, but, I just did my first plastic headlight restoration attempt with megs and I pressed too hard using 1000 grit so the 3000 didn't take out all the scratches I caused. So I think I need to get 1500 grit, to remove those scratches and which I know 3000 will remove. So, I guess, I wonder if your 5000 grit will remove something the 3000/polish couldn't take out. Hope my mistake helps a little.
    Success is never final, failure is never fatal. It's courage that counts.
    by John Wooden

'88 Honda

Comment

Working...
    X
    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');