• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Greetings all.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Greetings all.

My name is Christian and I'm addicted to dirty cars....<sigh>. I'm hoping to break the habit of only going to an automated car wash when I got a ticket because the cop couldn't read my license plate anymore.

I've leased cars for the past 12 years, never worried much about them as I figured the paint would last until I returned them in 3 to 5 years. Things have changed though, I've actually *bought* my current car, a 2009 Hyundai Sonata and I'm going to try hard to keep it looking good.

I found this site a few days ago and I have a friend who seems quite happy with Mequiar products and who actually enters his car in shows so I figure he probably knows more than me!

It's going to be a challenge to stay away from the auto car washes... after all it's 7 months of winter around here and as I work outdoors, the last thing I want to do is wash my own car (after working 8 hrs in -40 weather) but I know how bad a car starts to look after going through those auto things so I'll just have to man up and get busy.

Thanks for reading.

Regards

Christian

Re: Greetings all.

Welcome!
    We'll have to get you addicted to "Clean-Shiny Cars!"

Comment

Welcome to Meguiars Online!!
      Joel
      Firefighter/EMT-B
      Rejuvenation Auto Detailing
      "Satisfaction Guaranteed or Your Dirt Back!!!"
      '99 F-150

Comment

Welcome to Meguiar's Online!

Mike Phillips
        760-515-0444
        showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Hello and welcome to mol.
          quality creates its own demand

Comment

Welcome to MOL!

Andy M.
            Keeping MOL family friendly! If you need help or have a question, don't hesitate to shoot me an email or PM. 101impala@gmail.com
            Andy M. Moderator

Comment

Welcome to Meguiar's Online!! Read through the threads below to get you started.

Basic List O' Links
              List O' Links 2.0

Ryan
              Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway.

This is your life. Choose to live it to the fullest.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan L. View Post
                Welcome to Meguiar's Online!! Read through the threads below to get you started.

Basic List O' Links
                List O' Links 2.0

Ryan
                Ryan,

Thanks for the links to those two important threads! While a noob might stumble upon those sooner or later, it sure is nice to have someone thrust it into ones face to save endless hours of searching!

Naturally, I still have questions that are unanswered, but that is, after all, what a forum is for.......

Thanks to everyone else for the warm welcome...... I'm going to have to get to *it* rather quickly, my car is barely 4 weeks old and I've already contracted a case of the "tar" measles it seems, thanks to our wonderful city officials that have come to the conclusion that filling a pot hole with hot tar and then blasting a few pebbles of stone into it is a suitable way of patching said pot holes. Naturally I knew this from before but no matter how hard I try, my car is sprayed with this cr*p every spring. That gallon jug of Detailers tar remover is looking dog gone good right now, too bad it's only available in the US........ <sigh>

Regards

Christian

Comment

Welcome to MOL!

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');