• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

hey y'all

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hey y'all

Calling from Mission Viejo CA

I just found out about and joined here yesterday. Seems there has always been Meguire's something or other in my garage as long as I can remember and it's always worked well.

One reason I'm here is my beautiful wife finally got her convertible. It's a black/black/black 2006 Toyota Solara. For her birthday this year, I created some car detailing certificates that she can use to get me to wash etc. her car. We want to keep this car nice so I'm here to take my skills up a notch.

We purchased it with about 40k miles. A good washing improves it a lot, but there are some surface defects that need to be addressed. Once I learn how to identify what they are....spider webs, swirl marks, etc, I'll figure out what to do.

I've already found some great info here.

I also want to learn how to take good care of the canvas top and leather seats.

We also have:
    2000 Toyota 4Runner 4wd. Good finish, but usually covered in dust or mud
    1998 Saturn SL1. This is our family workhorse with 180k miles, and still looks and runs very well.
    1984 Mercedes 300D Turbodiesel. Paint is beyond repair, but the fade pattern on the hood looks like a puppy-dog's face.

Re: hey y'all

you came to the right place. a lot of info in here and welcome.

Comment

Hello and welcome to mol.
      quality creates its own demand

Comment

Oh Nice cars those Solara! Welcome !!! I'm going to ask my honey for some of those Wash and Wax coupons!!!

Comment

Welcome to Meguiars Online!!
          Joel
          Firefighter/EMT-B
          Rejuvenation Auto Detailing
          "Satisfaction Guaranteed or Your Dirt Back!!!"
          '99 F-150

Comment

Thanks everybody.
            It's so great to find people with good information, on a subject that seemed fraught with voodoo and "just because we've always done it this way" tribal knowledge.

Rich

Comment

Welcome to Meguiar's Online!! Read through the threads below to get you started.

Basic List O' Links
              List O' Links 2.0

Ryan
              Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway.

This is your life. Choose to live it to the fullest.

Comment

Hello Rich. Welcome to Meguiar's Online!

Since you are close to Meguiar's in Irvine, I recommend you go to one of the Meguiar's Thursday Night Open Garages and/or sign up for one of the Saturday Care Care classes.

You can find the links for the sign-up sheets for both of these in the middle of this page.

Mike
                Why do we drive on a Parkway, and park on a Driveway

George Carlin

Comment

Working...
                X
                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');