• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello, new young guy!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hello, new young guy!

Hello, i'm Nick Kern and i'm 18 and love toMy dad was always into washing and detailing his cars, he would usually take hours on a Staurday or Sunday washing and detailing something. I grew up watching and sometimes helping. I also grew up around sports cars, as we have a Bugeye Sprite so I have a love for old and new sports cars but still prefer the classic ones, like 275GTBs and RSRs and E types and so on. I am probably the only 18 year old your going to talk to that actually knows about and loves the vintage sports cars and racing.I'm a certain type of person that's for sure, i'm just wierd, I have a certain group that's with me, the Grassroots Motorsports group of people! I found this and thought I'd join, from the little that I looked I think i'll like it, definetly knowledge here.
    I plan on starting my own little business, so i'll need some input and help for business cards and a name......., I printed out Jose Fernandez's article, so I'll take a look through.

For hobbies my dad and I are also into model cars and occasionally slot cars. I like racing games, BMX, rally, hillclimbs, rallycross, ALMS, F1, FIA GT, BTCC, really any of that nature.
    here's a sample of my work, this one I polished and got it's picture taken for a magazine. Hope you guys like it.
    one of my favorites

Sorry for the long post.
    "Newman's first law: It is useless to put on your brakes when you're upside down. -Paul Newman
    "And now my friend, the first rule of Italian driving, what's behind me is not important" -Raul Julia

Re: Hello, new young guy!

Nice Pictures!!
    Believe it or not, there are many kids on this forum, and on is restoring a T Bird.
    Welcome to Meguiars Online Nick!!
    Joel
    Firefighter/EMT-B
    Rejuvenation Auto Detailing
    "Satisfaction Guaranteed or Your Dirt Back!!!"
    '99 F-150

Comment

Thanks and yeah I don't think I realized that. but do they know how to rebuild an SU carb, why Lucas is called the Prince of Darkness or know specs of the F40, or know how many championships Lancia won in rally?

or wants to compete in the 24 Hours of LeMons

I know what a Tatra is, is that bad?
      That's a nice T bird!
      "Newman's first law: It is useless to put on your brakes when you're upside down. -Paul Newman
      "And now my friend, the first rule of Italian driving, what's behind me is not important" -Raul Julia

Comment

Just a By the Way
        You need to take off your clickable link in your signature.
        Read the Forum Rules
        Joel
        Firefighter/EMT-B
        Rejuvenation Auto Detailing
        "Satisfaction Guaranteed or Your Dirt Back!!!"
        '99 F-150

Comment

oh yeah, thanks. It didn't seem to work right, I wanted to add my heel toe icon but

Comment

Hello and welcome to mol.

You are never to young to have a car related hobby/hobbies.
            quality creates its own demand

Comment

Yes, definetly! And i'm proud!

oh, forgot to add this to the first post, here's an example of my work

Comment

Hey Nick,

Thanks for the e-mail it really meant a lot. I'll try to reply to it pretty soon.

Welcome to the forum!!

Ryan
                Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway.

This is your life. Choose to live it to the fullest.

Comment

Like I said, an inspiration and hope I can be that successful.

Luckily, I know a guy through model cars, that has a printing shop, so he can do my cards and shirts but he has a buddy, that i'm trying to see if I can work with that has a mobile I think detailing business and he does cars for Concours de Elegance and shows in France and he got home a month ago from a big show in Florida.

Comment

Welcome to MOL!

Andy M.
                    MOL Moderator
                    Keeping MOL family friendly! If you need help or have a question, don't hesitate to shoot me an email or PM. 101impala@gmail.com
                    Andy M. Moderator

Comment

Welcome to MOL fellow Lancastrian!
                      (lives in the city, works in Leola)
                      Didn't think I'd see anyone here from my neck of the woods!
                      This is a great place to learn, plenty of professionals and hobbiests alike!
                      For those who fought for it, freedom has a flavor the protected will never know.

736th GunTrucks "Bakersfield to Bagdad"

Wife say's I'm "obsessed"!

Comment

Welcome to Meguiar's Online!

Mike Phillips
                        760-515-0444
                        showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Welcome to Meguiar's Online! You'll learn lots of good information here, and maybe you can share your skills and knowledge with us, too!
                          Shane
                          1995 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera SL

If you trim yourself to fit the world you'll whittle yourself away. - Aaron Tippin

Comment

Oh yes, definetly, I know I will. I actually did a job today at school that I want to share.
                            Originally posted by Underdawg736 View Post
                            Welcome to MOL fellow Lancastrian!
                            (lives in the city, works in Leola)
                            Didn't think I'd see anyone here from my neck of the woods!
                            This is a great place to learn, plenty of professionals and hobbiests alike!
                            yeah, me neither. That's what i'm here to do.

Comment

Working...
                            X
                            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');