• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First time on MOL - New car question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First time on MOL - New car question

I've been reading these forums for a couple of weeks now and decided to join some of the discussions. I've been using Meguiars products for the past 5 years, so I'm familiar with most consumer products.

I bought a brand new Saturn Astra this winter and is a dark metallic blue colour. Now I noticed when I picked it up from the dealer that there was light swirl marks all over it (very disappointing because it still had the plastic on it when I bought it).

I'm planning on finishing with NXT 2.0 as I hear its great for getting a deep gloss on dark cars. I'm wondering what would be best to remove the swirls, I have ScratchX and Mirror Glaze Swirl Remover - but i'm open to any new suggestions, such as SwirlX, etc.

I'd like to get it done right the first time so that way I can keep the car in pristine condition!

Re: First time on MO - New car question

The new SwirlX will work better than the old ScratchX. You would have to do a test spot/panel to see if you would need something stronger.
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Re: First time on MO - New car question

Since this was your first post, welcome to Meguiar's Online!

Are you working by hand or machine? If machine, what kind?

Like Matt said, if the swirls are shallow/light then SwirlX by hand or machine should do the trick.

SwirlX

Mike Phillips
      760-515-0444
      showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Re: First time on MOL - New car question

Welcome to Meguiars Online!!
        Joel
        Firefighter/EMT-B
        Rejuvenation Auto Detailing
        "Satisfaction Guaranteed or Your Dirt Back!!!"
        '99 F-150

Comment

Hello and welcome to mol.

Give the Swirlx a try.
          quality creates its own demand

Comment

Welcome to MOL!

Andy M.
            Keeping MOL family friendly! If you need help or have a question, don't hesitate to shoot me an email or PM. 101impala@gmail.com
            Andy M. Moderator

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');