• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New to the Detailing Game...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to the Detailing Game...

My names Markito, and Im from southern california. Rancho Cucamonga to be exact. Anyways Ive always have been into keeping my motorcycles and other vehicles as clean as I can. Theyre no garage queens and do get their fair share of dirt/mud when offroading, scratches from branches etc.. Ive always resorted to buying my arsenal of cleaning materials from the local walmart or autozone and yes they are mainly MEGUIARS. They do get the job done real nice. Gotten a few compliments. But now im ready to step it up and join the big boys. Ive been cleaning family/friends cars on the side to make a few bucks nothing major or serious. basically "practicing" and getting some experience under my belt..

Ive been looking at the porter cable and the g110 Im also looking to purchase this as a kit so i can get everything at once and not trying to see which pads are better for what and what polishes cut better etc. Im mainly focusing on taking out light swirls and some scratches my girlfriends father put on her hood with the green side of a sponge to remove bird poop. Also looking to bring back the shine from neglected/dull cars that hasnt seen a drop of wax in years.

Ive been lurking this site for a while before I actually joined and spoke up. Ive watched countless amounts of vids on youtube to see the actual process and I cant wait till I can find the right package for me. Ive looked on ebay, amazon, and ADS. and of course the ADS had a great deal but they are now out of stock. Looking for a start up kit that will include good pads that will get the job done and good polishing compound and finishing glaze. Everything ill need so that way I can open it up and go practice on someones hood or trunk. Any advice will be greatly appreciated, sorry if this is in the wrong section... Thanks for reading

Markito
    - Markito -

Re: New to the Detailing Game...

Waiting till ADS gets them back in stock would be a good start....

There isnt really a whole lot you need... it just becomes a whole lot of wants.

Basically need for a G110:
    1. Wash - Good soap, buckets, Grit Guard, Towels, etc
    2. Clay and Lubricant, either in a kit or bought seperately
    3. Clean/Polsih - #105, #205,
    4. Wax - Nxt 2.0 or #21 2.0.

And then a case or so of pads... If getting a case of 6 to start, get one cutting, 3 polishing, 2 finishing.

And then you might want a Ultimate Quick Wax or Ultimate Quick Detailer for after future washes. And then glass cleaner. And tire shine. And trim protectant, and...... and then you have a garage full of stuff like the rest of us.
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

yah the ADS deal was the best ive seen so far. as far as wash clay tire shine glass cleaners all that mumbo jumbo. ive got all of that. i just dont know the difference in polishes like the numbers. i want an overall good compound thats neutral and could fix the majority of the swirls. with wax i personally use the gold class on my truck but i like the nxt tech wax so far that ive tried on my black bike. but now i wanna learn how to get rid of them rather than just fill em in.
      as for pads, im clueless to what works with what. i started on a dinky little walmart 6" buffer to speed up the applying of wax but i remove by hand. i read about people using lake county, meguiars and ccs pads. id like to know which one would be a better overall pad.

im trying not to spend too much but i dont want junk... thanks for the quick response. its greatly appreaciated. Im liking this place already!!!

ok this looks like its gonna turn into a detailing 101 thread. so ill just copy and paste it in there. IM HOME GUYS!
      - Markito -

Comment

Welcome to Meguiars Online!!
        ADS is my go to place when it comes to buying Auto Detailing Products.
        Joel
        Firefighter/EMT-B
        Rejuvenation Auto Detailing
        "Satisfaction Guaranteed or Your Dirt Back!!!"
        '99 F-150

Comment

Welcome to Meguiar's Online!! Read through the threads below to get you started.

Basic List O' Links
          List O' Links 2.0

Ryan
          Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway.

This is your life. Choose to live it to the fullest.

Comment

Hi Markito. Welcome to Meguiar's Online!

Mike
            Why do we drive on a Parkway, and park on a Driveway

George Carlin

Comment

Welcome to MOL Markito.

As you guessed, this area of the forum is for introductions only. If you make a new thread in Detailing 101 I am sure you will get the answers you are looking for.

Thanks!

Mark

Comment

In theory, the Meguiars pads would be made to work with the Meguiars polisher.

#105 is Ultimate Cut Compund and #205 is the Finishing Polish, both in the Mirror Glaze Line.
                2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Originally posted by Still Learnin View Post
                  My names Markito, and Im from southern california. Rancho Cucamonga to be exact.
                  Welcome to Meguiar's Online!

Just to note, we offer Saturday Detailing Classes and Thursday Night Classes that are free to members of the forum, below are the schedules...

Saturday Classes for 2009
                  All Saturday Classes are Open Classes, any Registered Member can attend by signing up for a class by replying to the sign-up thread.

2009 Saturday Class Schedule

Thursday Night "Open Classes" for 2009
                  2009 Thursday Night "Open Garage" Schedule

Mike Phillips
                  760-515-0444
                  showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Hello and welcome to mol.
                    quality creates its own demand

Comment

thanks for all the tips guys, its greatly appreciated... And im glad to be here... thanks for the warm welcome
                      - Markito -

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');