• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Detailing a 20ft boat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Detailing a 20ft boat

What would you say is a good price to charge to do a complete inside and outside detail on a 20ft bayliner boat,, everthing washed and detailed inside including carpets and awnings, outside washed and waxed, outboard engine degreased and detailed, trailer washed and tires dressed,
    using only the best of products,,,,,Meguiar's of course,,
    interested if you have any thoughts,

It depends on the condition of the boat. From my experience older (ie 90's) Bayliner's have lousy gelcoat. If neglected (which most Bayliner's are) they go very chalky. I just did one last week, a 20 foot Bayliner Trophy, and the only way of getting the gelcoat above the gunwale strip to shine was to wetsand, rotary with medium cvut cleaner, rotary with one step cleaner/polish, pc 100 with boat polish and then flagship wax. (Sorry I don't remember the #'s , all the products are a my shop.

I only did this on a small portion to test, the owner did not want to pay the 40 dollars a foot I was going to charge him.

Generally, if the boat is not to neglected, I charge between 15 and 20 dollars a foot, depending on how many steps are required.

Glenn
    Keep your mast up and your rudder wet !!

Comment

Working...
    X
    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');