• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Newbie here.... (LOTS of pics)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newbie here.... (LOTS of pics)

Hey guys... new to this board. Ive recently been converted to Meguiars products. I used to be a Zaino fan but Im never going back. I went a little crazy on my SS over the last few weeks and the results were EXCELLENT!

Im sold.. Im a Meguiars user for life now.

Few pics..

I love this pic cause you cant see the bodyline in the skys reflection.

Even did the wheel wells.

Oh.... and...

----------02' 35th Anv. Limited Edition SS----------
    561rwhp/541rwtq, M6, T-Tops, SLP option car, 1 of 1,037.
    --| TUNED BY FORCEFED PERFORMANCE | Mods: Boost.
    --

Hey 35th Anniversary SS

Welcome to Meguiar's Online!

Cool looking ride!!!

If you have any questions, we will do our best to answer them!

Tim
    Tim Lingor's Product Reviews

Comment

Welcome to Meguiar's Online!

That's one sweet looking Camaro, what did you end up using for your LSP?
      Mike Phillips
      760-515-0444
      showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

LSP? Sorry Im new at this so I dont know what that means.

I think it may be something about what I used last? Believe it or not the last thing on that finish is the #80 and the softest pad for my buffer.

I had originally bought some of that new "hype" Turtle Wax ICE. After seeing what the Meguiars stuff did just prepping for it I decided not to use it. I tried it out on my wifes Civic and even though it worked good I couldnt bring myself to put it on the SS. I want it to be all Meguiars from now on. I still have the ICE here along with their spray detailer that Im taking back to Walmart tomorrow.

What do you suggest I finish up with? Theres soooo many different Meguiars products that Im not sure what to use, still learning the ropes.

Oh yeah... what is the difference between the Quick Detailer, Quick Wax, NXT Spray Wax, and NXT Speed Detailer? They pretty much the same? What should I be using because my bottle of Quick Detailer is almost out.

Thanks!
        --

Comment

Originally posted by 35th Anniversary SS
          LSP? Sorry I'm new at this so I dont know what that means.
          LSP stand for Last Step Product.

This is a term I coined back when I was detailing car full time in the early 1990's. Since the first time I posted the acronym on Autopia it has become the accepted term for referring to the last product you apply to the finish of a car and in most cases this is a wax.

Hard to tell how long this thread will stay up, but here's the link where I define the term.

http://autopia.org/forum/showthread.php?t=50481

I think it may be something about what I used last? Believe it or not the last thing on that finish is the #80 and the softest pad for my buffer.
          The M80 is a water-based product formulated for use in body shops. It does contain a paint shop safe polymer for a little protection on fresh paint but you should consider applying an actual, or real coat of wax to your Carmaro's finish to lock in the gloss and provide protection.
          Mike Phillips
          760-515-0444
          showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Outstanding work on an outstanding unit. Nice dyno sheet presentation. As per LSP I'd try 2 coats of Meg's NXT Liquid. Put 1 on let it set for 30 min. then remove & if possible 24 hrs. later do it again, hoping the car didn't get wet. Enjoy & have fun!
            Death Before Dishonor

Comment

Car looks great!

Nice work, I agree add something like #21 or NXT tech wax to protect the work you did.

Here is a Meguiars Online Acronyms - Product Links that may help you in the future.
              Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
              Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

that is a sweet ss.

its awsome when its that clean that you can see the house across the street.

meguiar's rule.

http://tinypic.com/mh58d5.jpg

Comment

Thanks for the compliments guys! I appreciate it!

Im going to go pick up some NXT liquid today... Ill snap a few pics of the final outcome.

2001somws6... love your ride too bro! SOM is such a beautifull color. I actually recognized you from over on LS1tech after clicking your signature picture.
                  --

Comment

561HP??? wow it that at the engine or at the wheels?
                    NVM i read your sig
                    but nice ride!
                    Patrick Yu
                    2003 Honda Accord
                    2008 Honda Accord EX-L V6

Comment

Originally posted by 35th Anniversary SS
                      2001somws6... love your ride too bro! SOM is such a beautifull color. I actually recognized you from over on LS1tech after clicking your signature picture.
                      Sweet looking SS man! I post over at LS1Tech also. I post more on LS2.com though.

Again, sweet SS!
                      /Keith
                      2001 LT Tahoe | Hybrid Wheels - Depo Headlights with DDM HID's (55w @ 4.5k) - Clear Corners - Sonar LED Tail Lights (Red Smoked)

www.LakeMeadOnline.com

Comment

Thanks again! I think I recognize your car too, Kman.

Sneek, yeah.. at the wheels. I had to shut down at 5900rpm because my inline fuel pump couldnt keep up. We're hoping for about 580-590rwhp after we install dual intank Racetronix pumps.

Ok.. went and exchanged the Turtle ICE for some good stuff. Gonna go play with the car in about 10 minutes.

--

Comment

SWEEEEET SS!!
                          MOL- Welcome to the world of real detailer's

Comment

35th Anniversary SS, again sweet car.

Where are the pics of the motor?
                            /Keith
                            2001 LT Tahoe | Hybrid Wheels - Depo Headlights with DDM HID's (55w @ 4.5k) - Clear Corners - Sonar LED Tail Lights (Red Smoked)

www.LakeMeadOnline.com

Comment

Havent detailed it yet but heres some older pics.. detailed pics coming up sometime next week.

I just did the wire mod too.. so all those PCM wires are outta the way.
                              --

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');