• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Make the website Firefox compatible...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Make the website Firefox compatible...

Hey,

I'm a fairly new member to this website and Meguiars.com, but did they ever think of making Meguiars.com Firefox compatible? I can't order from it, and since the amount of Firefox/Mozilla users is going up, it might not be a bad idea to fix that. I have to open up Internet Explorer to use this (rather use Firefox for security/pop-ups/etc). Thanks a lot.

I use MOL with Firefox and have had no issues at at. I'm using FF 1.0.

My 300zx Gallery

My 350Z
    My 1967 Chevy II Nova

Comment

The Flash plugin for Meguiars.com (note: not meguiarsonline.com) doesn't work for me on either Netscape or Firefox.
      "Son, crying in your milk is bad enough; crying in your hot fudge sundae is just disgusting."
      R.A. Heinlein

Comment

Originally posted by Pats300zx
        I use MOL with Firefox and have had no issues at at. I'm using FF 1.0.
        Yeah, only meguiars.com

Comment

The product links work for me if they show up as search results, rather than just a catalogue listing. Quite weird, but a decent quick-fix.
          "Son, crying in your milk is bad enough; crying in your hot fudge sundae is just disgusting."
          R.A. Heinlein

Comment

I looked into it:
            Netscape and Firefox both use the Gecko system. Internet Explorer doesn't.

The problem could lie in the Gecko programming, but a Flash screen should just work.

Weird.
            R.A. Heinlein

Comment

I switched over to Firefox and Thunderbird this weekend and am noticing this problem with the meg's site as well. So far it's the only page that hasn't worked wiht Firefox. Is it something that can be corrected?

Comment

Yep, I have FireFox, Opera and IE. Both FireFox and Opera have problems with the Meguiar's site. At least with Opera, I can select "Non-Flash" version, and everything seems to work.

Let's face it.......... it's Bill Gates world, and we just have to live it.
                Boss_429

Comment

I'll pass this link onto the webmaster for Meguiar's.com. I too like Firefox, but until it comes with a spell check, it's too easy to use IE and this handy little application.

Spell Checker for Internet Explorer allow you to right click in your message box and check your spelling
                  Mike Phillips
                  760-515-0444
                  showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Give it time, I'm sure someone will create an add-on.

Comment

Originally posted by Boss_429
                      Yep, I have FireFox, Opera and IE. Both FireFox and Opera have problems with the Meguiar's site. At least with Opera, I can select "Non-Flash" version, and everything seems to work.

Let's face it.......... it's Bill Gates world, and we just have to live it.
                      I think it's with the Gecko programming...is Opera based on the Gecko system?

Bill Gates world...BAH! Let's take it back! Viva la revolucion! *Randomly breaks into a montage of Les Miserable*
                      R.A. Heinlein

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');