• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Help!! I screwed up a new car...........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help!! I screwed up a new car...........

Yes I did it, I rubbed the inch long Bird doo stain so hard I removed the clear coat on a 2008 G37 Infiniti Coupe. Besides a new paint job, does anybody know what to do?? I have touch paint, but I'll probably mess that up too. I used GS27 that my neighbor gave me. ouch!!

Last edited by Cyrus; May 26, 2009, 05:43 PM.

Re: Help!! I screwed up a new car...........

Any chance you could post a pic and maybe some more detail about what tools, pads, or products you used that you feel you removed the clear? The clear would be pretty tough to remove unless you were using a rotary buffer.

Comment

Originally posted by Cyrus View Post
      Yes I did it, I rubbed the inch long Bird doo stain so hard I removed the clear coat on a 2008 G37 Infiniti Coupe. Besides a new paint job, does anybody know what to do?? I have touch paint, but I'll probably mess that up too. I used GS27 that my neighbor gave me. ouch!!
      Ask around at auto paint supply stores and talk to there salesman who call on body shops for a painter that is very good at blending.

What they will do is prep the area around the burn, spot refinish the clear and than melt the blend area in with a very strong solvent called blender. If you go this route in the future you can not polish over this area only very light coat of wax otherwise you can pull the blended edge back out.

Comment

Well that's another problem, I loaded 2 pictures to my account album, But I don't understand the URL upload process.

Picture loaded at top.

Comment

Originally posted by Cyrus View Post
          Well that's another problem, I loaded 2 pictures to my account album, But I don't understand the URL upload process.
          How to Upload and Insert and Image into your Post

Comment

Comment

That doesn't sound right.
              You rubbed through the cc by hand?
              If you actually did go through the cc you probably have to repaint
              There are some wipe on cc that seem to work
              do a goggle search and you'll find allot to choose from

Comment

Thanks. The photo is of the side of the car, which is dark slate (blue). The darker part is the part I rubbed with a cotton sweat sock.

Comment

Well, I posted a picture. All I know is the rough stain is now gone, but it's now darker underneath. So is that paint? or what?

Comment

Yea that looks like you went through the cc
                    Like I said you'll have to repaint or try some of the new wipe on cc
                    Here's one for ya:

Comment

hi Cyrus,sorry to hear about your new car.It does sound strange?What did you use to rub the poo off with,or was there any substance on the material or fibre that could have caused that.

Comment

[QUOTE=Cyrus;319052]Well, I posted a picture. All I know is the rough stain is now gone, but it's now darker underneath. So is that paint? or what?[/QUOTE

GS27 is a very aggressive compound designed to remove sand scratches very quickly.

Don't make a life learning mistake worse take it to a highly recommended professional.

Comment

MOL member TH0001 lives in Orlando, FL. He runs a detailing business. I know he comes highly recommended. You can send him an email or PM and see if he can help you. Here's his website: http://www.belladetailing.com/. Hope this helps!
                          Last edited by CieraSL; May 27, 2009, 09:10 AM.
                          Shane
                          1995 Oldsmobile Cutlass Ciera SL

If you trim yourself to fit the world you'll whittle yourself away. - Aaron Tippin

Comment

I used GS27, the stain was really tough, regular products were not strong enough. I guess I over used the passion on this one

Comment

Originally posted by CieraSL View Post
                              MOL member TH0001 lives in Orlando, FL. He runs a detailing business. I know he comes highly recommended. You can send him and email or PM and see if he can help you. Here's his website: http://www.belladetailing.com/. Hope this helps!
                              Give him a call. The man does excellent work. He can either fix it or advise you what to do next.

Good Luck.
                              quality creates its own demand

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');