• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's the best way to enter multi photos in a new thread

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's the best way to enter multi photos in a new thread

What's the best way to insert several pics into a new thread ?

Re: What's the best way to enter multi photos in a new thread

Guy's ??? A little help. I know how to do 1 at a time but is there a better way to do like 5

Comment

Hi. I'm no expert in this uploading thing but what I always do is

1. If you're using photobucket, this is how I do it. (other programs/sites should be similar)
      2. Upload all pictures from my PC to that site.
      3. After completing the upload process, you should see all the pictures. There is a box beside the name of the file. Tick all the relevant pictures to select them.
      4. Go to the bottom of the screen and click " generate html and img codes" - it will take you to another page showing all sorts of codes .

5. Copy the ones in the "IMG images for message boards" box.

6. Log in back to MOL
      7. Copy it back to the thread and all those picts should be in them.

Hope this helps

Timothy A.
      Last edited by TimG; Nov 11, 2008, 07:28 PM. Reason: insert pict
      Learning new things everyday

Comment

To the site you don't have to upload it one by one, don't you see multiple boxes with the browse button next to it?

I don't know how much exactly but I know you can upload more than 10 at a time

Comment

Will this thread help you?

How to place an image in your messages

You can place more than one photo in a thread repeating the steps in the link.
          Last edited by gb387; Nov 11, 2008, 07:21 PM.
          Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
          Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

Originally posted by yalerd View Post
            To the site you don't have to upload it one by one, don't you see multiple boxes with the browse button next to it?

I don't know how much exactly but I know you can upload more than 10 at a time
            When I try more than 2 photos it will not post all the photos and it freezes up

Comment

Originally posted by gb387 View Post
              Will this thread help you?

How to place an image in your messages

You can place more than one photo in a thread repeating the steps in the link.
              I am looking for a way to do say 5 at one time.
              Thanks for the link I will print it out.

Comment

Originally posted by SHYNEMAN123 View Post
                I am looking for a way to do say 5 at one time.
                Thanks for the link I will print it out.
                Don't think there is a way to place multiple photos in a thread at one time. Without getting too crazy you can get the thread ready in MSWord and save the file if you are trying to save time or don't have time to get the thread ready all at one time. Once its ready all you have to do is highlight, copy and paste the document to MOL's thread editor. You have to get a little creative and know some of the 'tags'. Just a thought.
                Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
                Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

When I try more than 2 photos it will not post all the photos and it freezes up
                  Hey Frank,

The only issue I have ever had was that the photos were too large and mine would also freeze up. I don't use photobucket though. I use the easy thumbnails program and then upload them to MOL. Then I don't have any issues with it freezing on me.

Andy
                  Keeping MOL family friendly! If you need help or have a question, don't hesitate to shoot me an email or PM. 101impala@gmail.com
                  Andy M. Moderator

Comment

I upload a lot of photos as a part of my job and I can share with you my technique, it may seem complicated but it is at least a "system"

I rename all my photos like this, first give them a name that tells me what they are so if all I see is the file name I have a clue as to what it might be, for example,

blackmustang001.jpg

Note the 001.jpg at the end of blackmustang

This is because I usually have multiple photos for the same car or for an event and as I get them ready I name them like this for a reason which I share. So for example if I have 7 photos that I took at SEMA I would name them like this,

2008SEMA001.jpg
                    2008SEMA002.jpg
                    2008SEMA003.jpg
                    2008SEMA004.jpg
                    2008SEMA005.jpg
                    2008SEMA006.jpg
                    2008SEMA007.jpg

Now when I upload them into the MOL Photo Gallery, I only need to snag the code for the first picture and insert it into my message.

Then instead of going back to the Gallery and pulling up each individual pictures to get the URL address for each picture to insert into the message I switch to "Editor Mode" that's the button that looks like this

in the upper right hand corner of the message box you're typing in and this will show you the code for ALL your text.

Next, locate the first photo with the IMG code tags and highlight the entire code and then if I have 7 photos I want to insert I copy and paste the complete line of code 6 more times and then go through and where the text for the file name of the photo says,

2008SEMA001.jpg[/IMG]

I simply change it to

2008SEMA002.jpg

And continue down the list changing just the number at the end of the file name for the photo.

Then when you hit "Submit Reply" you'll get something that looks like this,

The last photo in that thread has a file name that looks like this,

http://archive.meguiarsonline.com/forums/photopost/data/947/AdvancedClass4158.jpg

If you look at the very end of the above code, the file name for the picture is, AdvancedClass4158.jpg

That stands for,

Advanced Class 4 (our 4th Advanced class for 2008)
                    Picture 158

This is why I rename all my photos to end with 001.jpg I never know how many photos I'm going to have for a project and I don't have time to think about it each time I work with photos so I have a system and this is part of the system and it's the part that enables me to insert the code into a message for multiple images without having to physically go to the gallery and pull up each image just to get the file name.

Make sense?

If not, give me a call and I'll walk you through it when you have a number of photos ready to upload. It can seem hard or confusing if you've never done this before but once you do it one time it all makes sense.

It's faster too, (believe it or not)

Mike Phillips
                    760-515-0444
                    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

What's the best way to insert several pics into a new thread ?
                      This may not be the best way, but it works for me every time.

I open one window/tab for the forum and a second window/tab (I prefer tabs) for my Megs gallery.

I just use the right mouse button to copy and paste the HTML code for each photo I want (one at a time) into the message box. Moving back and forth between tabs on my browser.

After I have all of the photos in the message box, I enter a description above or below each photo and hit [ENTER] twice between each entry to allow space around the photos. If I don't remember what photo I'm about to describe, I can easily click back over to the gallery and look at the photo in question.

Once I'm happy with the content, I will use the right mouse button again to "select all" and "copy" everything in the message box before hitting [Submit Reply]. So if I've timed out, all is not lost. Although, that 'timed out' problem may be fixed. I have timed out recently, but I didn't loose the message from doing so.

If your getting some sort of size error from Vbulletin, try resizing your pics to 800x600 at 72 DPI. I have no idea if the 'dot per inch' count has anything to do with web post or just printing, but that's how mine are sized and I've never had a problem loading multiple pictures.

HTH

Brock

Last edited by RogueGypsy; Nov 13, 2008, 10:42 AM. Reason: add more info/change left to right
                      Life isn't about 'weathering the storm', it's about learning to dance in the rain.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Phillips View Post
                        I upload a lot of photos as a part of my job and I can share with you my technique, it may seem complicated but it is at least a "system"

I rename all my photos like this, first give them a name that tells me what they are so if all I see is the file name I have a clue as to what it might be, for example,

blackmustang001.jpg

Note the 001.jpg at the end of blackmustang

This is because I usually have multiple photos for the same car or for an event and as I get them ready I name them like this for a reason which I share. So for example if I have 7 photos that I took at SEMA I would name them like this,

2008SEMA001.jpg
                        2008SEMA002.jpg
                        2008SEMA003.jpg
                        2008SEMA004.jpg
                        2008SEMA005.jpg
                        2008SEMA006.jpg
                        2008SEMA007.jpg

Now when I upload them into the MOL Photo Gallery, I only need to snag the code for the first picture and insert it into my message.

Then instead of going back to the Gallery and pulling up each individual pictures to get the URL address for each picture to insert into the message I switch to "Editor Mode" that's the button that looks like this

in the upper right hand corner of the message box you're typing in and this will show you the code for ALL your text.

Next, locate the first photo with the IMG code tags and highlight the entire code and then if I have 7 photos I want to insert I copy and paste the complete line of code 6 more times and then go through and where the text for the file name of the photo says,

2008SEMA001.jpg[/IMG]

I simply change it to

2008SEMA002.jpg

And continue down the list changing just the number at the end of the file name for the photo.

Then when you hit "Submit Reply" you'll get something that looks like this,

The last photo in that thread has a file name that looks like this,

http://archive.meguiarsonline.com/forums/photopost/data/947/AdvancedClass4158.jpg

If you look at the very end of the above code, the file name for the picture is, AdvancedClass4158.jpg

That stands for,

Advanced Class 4 (our 4th Advanced class for 2008)
                        Picture 158

This is why I rename all my photos to end with 001.jpg I never know how many photos I'm going to have for a project and I don't have time to think about it each time I work with photos so I have a system and this is part of the system and it's the part that enables me to insert the code into a message for multiple images without having to physically go to the gallery and pull up each image just to get the file name.

Make sense?

If not, give me a call and I'll walk you through it when you have a number of photos ready to upload. It can seem hard or confusing if you've never done this before but once you do it one time it all makes sense.

It's faster too, (believe it or not)

Thanks Mike that is what I have been looking for I will give it a try, I have a 1925 Pierce Arrow to do nxt It should be alot of photos

Comment

Thanks Mike that is what I have been looking for I will give it a try, I have a 1925 Pierce Arrow to do nxt It should be alot of photos
                          If you have any questions while preparing the photos or uploading them just give me a call if you see I'm online.

Mike Phillips
                          760-515-0444
                          showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');