• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Carnauba wax

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Carnauba wax

I have had to ask this before but, hopefully I will remember this time

Whats the difference between Carnauba Wax and NXT 2.0
    When I do my detail job, Do I need to slap that on before I Apply the NXT 2.0 wax
    Whats the advantage I guess?

This is a Full weekend Project I think. WOW
    Its a new car to me, so I figured If I just spend time now getting it good.. It will not be hard to keep clean after I get the hours in to it!!

But.. Heres the order that I have come up with..

Wash
    Clay Bar
    Wash
    Deep Crystal Cleaner
    Wash
    Polish
    Wash
    Carnauba Wax?? Do I need that step?
    NXT 2.0 Wax

My Car is really not that bad. It has a very good clear coat and looks very sharp. Am I going to far with it?

Comments and suggestions
    I have only been on MOL for a couple days and I have learned so much already
    Thanks again!!

2002 Yellow Chevy Monte Carlo SS
    My Albums: http://s394.photobucket.com/albums/pp24/Johnson0667/

Re: Carnauba wax

Originally posted by Johnson View Post
    I have had to ask this before but, hopefully I will remember this time

Whats the difference.
    When I do my detail job, Do I need to slap that on before I Apply the NXT 2.0 wax

This is a Full weekend Project I think. WOW
    Its a new car to me, so I figured If I just spend time now getting it good.. It will not be hard to keep clean after I get the hours in to it!!

But.. Heres the order that I have come up with..

Wash
    Clay Bar
    Wash
    Deep Crystal Cleaner
    Wash
    Polish
    Wash
    Carnauba Wax?? Do I need that step?
    NXT 2.0 Wax

My Car is really not that bad. It has a very good clear coat and looks very sharp. Am I going to far with it?

Comments and suggestions
    I have only been on MOL for a couple days and I have learned so much already
    Thanks again!!
    Here you go:

wash
    clay
    paint cleaner if you would like. The clay will also clean your paint.
    polish
    NXT 2.0

You can skip a couple of washes. And you can skip the cleaner wax if you want to.

Andy
    Keeping MOL family friendly! If you need help or have a question, don't hesitate to shoot me an email or PM. 101impala@gmail.com
    Andy M. Moderator

Comment

Do I need to wash after I get done with the clay and cleaner?
      or can I wash it once and do everything then

Comment

You can just wash it once and then take care of the rest.

Andy
        Keeping MOL family friendly! If you need help or have a question, don't hesitate to shoot me an email or PM. 101impala@gmail.com
        Andy M. Moderator

Comment

Whats the difference between Carnauba Wax and NXT 2.0
          Whats the advantage I guess?

Comment

The difference between the two waxes is of personal taste. A pure carnuba wax will impart a nice warm shine (especially on dark colored cars) whereas NXT (combo of synthetics) will leave a nice crisp shine. NXT 2.0 is easy to use and will outlast a pure carnuba wax as far as durability. Some people will apply a pure carnuba wax at the last step to produce a warmer glow than a pure synthetic. It really is just a matter of taste and how you like the results on your vehicle.

Comment

NXT 2.0 contains polymers and is basically a sealant. Carnauba wax is carnauba wax. Does that make sense? You can use either or both. Most people have switched to the synthetic protectants because they normally last longer. However some do layer the 2 together. They will use the NXT as a base and top it caraunuba.
              Basically, beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Some people like the look of just the caraunuba wax while other like the look of the polymer sealant and still others like the look of both together. Basically you need to find something that you like and use it often.

Andy
              Andy M. Moderator

Comment

I really like the way you described the difference between the two!! A crisp shine vs a warm glow. I have been trying to figure out how to explain the difference I have seen in the short time I have been using the two and learning from this forum!! Great stuff!!
                Barry

Comment

Originally posted by Poki View Post
                  I really like the way you described the difference between the two!! A crisp shine vs a warm glow. I have been trying to figure out how to explain the difference I have seen in the short time I have been using the two and learning from this forum!! Great stuff!!
                  I personally prefer the look that I get from a carnauba wax like #26. But, I also like the look of a sealant like #20. I use #20 before our long New England weather since it will offer a little more protection and last longer.

Comment

Most of the time I just use a sealant but on some cars I like to use the sealant and top it with a Carnauba

Comment

I've been using GC (a mostly carnuba) for a long time. But, I just bought some NXT 2.0. I can't wait to try it out to see the difference for myself.
                      Rob A.
                      '09 Kia Optima (Bronze Metallic)
                      '07 Kia Optima (Gold)

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX88 View Post
                        I've been using GC (a mostly carnuba) for a long time. But, I just bought some NXT 2.0. I can't wait to try it out to see the difference for myself.
                        DO IT! I was using GC Wax up until the August 7 Open Garage when i looked at a members white Corvette with NXT. Saturday i went and bought some and used it. It did make the paint smoother and plus it smells great. Also the paint glows more.

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');