• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jeep Hard Top Protectant(s)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jeep Hard Top Protectant(s)

Just a brief question about protecting my new jeep hard top. The owner's manual gives all kinds of information on soft top care, but nothing about the hard top. What Meguiar's products do you recommend? Thanks!!

Re: Jeep Hard Top Protectant(s)

hi dogman. Welcome to MOL. Happy New Year.
    Be sure to sign up for the monthly prize drawing for the G100 machine.

What material is the top? What color? If it is vinyl or rubber, you might try #40 vinyl and rubber cleaner/conditioner. It worked well on my blabk trim on a 96 4runner.

Comment

Thanks much - the hard top is all fiberglass, textured (pebble-grain-like) and apparently painted black. Funny thing is that both the Jeep dealers I have contacted told me to leave it alone...but if anyone has seen an older hard top, they fade like Donovan McNabb...sorry, I'm from Philly area...

Comment

welcome to mol
        alberto gorin
        known as gorin002

Comment

when im dealing with hard tops (fiberglass) i always use a marine wax. you could try m45 which is a boat polish then follow that up whith meguiars m63 premium marine wax (flagship).this way you can be assured that there will be no damage to your top, as some tops are clearcoated and some gelcoated.
          custom mobile detailing located in central maine

Comment

If it's dull black paint (like powder-coated) I wouldn't suggest waxing it. Is it glossy paint or dull?
            Lydia's Mobile Detailing
            Professional Detailing since 2007

1997 Dodge Dakota SLT V8 - Green
            2007 Honda ST1300 - Silver

Comment

leave it alone! my wife has a 93 wrangler that stays outside 365, it shows no signs of fading or oxidizing. it is painted ,but no gloss is added to the paint. and it is a bear to get touch up paint unless you know someone in the paint shops! if you must use something ,stick with the 40
              mike
              Mike
              The Shine Shop
              410-833-1632
              Reisterstown MD

Comment

Collinite 845
                Whats my color? Color X

Comment

Working...
                X