• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Meguiars Chat Room

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Meguiars Chat Room

Hi Mike, I was wondering if you ever thought of adding a Meguiars Chat Room? This way we could discuss things in real time as well. Would anyone else like this? And if we have one!!! Please let me know... : Thanks, Asaf

Re: Meguiars Chat Room

cause of divrint in times i am unabel sound like good idea
    be nice if you also had audio option use your mic your voise
    alberto gorin
    known as gorin002

Comment

Originally posted by Asaf View Post
      Hi Mike, I was wondering if you ever thought of adding a Meguiars Chat Room? This way we could discuss things in real time as well. Would anyone else like this? And if we have one!!! Please let me know... : Thanks, Asaf
      The speed a "Chat Room" offers over the speed of simply posting to a thread isn't that significant.

The worst thing about "Chat Rooms", besides the negative impression the general public has of them, is that they are temporary, that is once you close down the chat room, everything disappears, at least from the public eye.

Nothing endures. No work, i.e. typing up an answer that solves a problem disappears, so nothing lasts for others to benefit from. Personally don't see any good purpose for a chat room. We can have our webmaster look into adding the software like Autopia and others use, but how much good will really come from it?

Kind of like pictures in signature lines, if someone can make a case for it, we can do it, but as in the pictures in signature lines example, no one has ever made a good case for it.
      Mike Phillips
      760-515-0444
      showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Chat rooms have their place.... but I prefer to read something in a forum rather than discuss it in a chat room. Really posting messages in a thread can be 'real time' in a way, you just have to have someone on the other end posting to continue the conversation.
        Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
        Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

Exactly... kind of like we're doing now...

Mike Phillips
          760-515-0444
          showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

LOL. The other thing about the chat room is, it takes moderation. I know there are word filters that can be used, but still chat can go sour without cuss words. Also, if there is just two people in there, one asking advice, and one giving advice, if the person giving advice gives bad advice, there isn't anyone going to know about it and correct it.
            Lydia's Mobile Detailing
            Professional Detailing since 2007

1997 Dodge Dakota SLT V8 - Green
            2007 Honda ST1300 - Silver

Comment

Yes- I understand the importance of having the forum and saving all the critical data for later look ups. I think this is ideal and us newbies get to learn from the past. So it was not intended as a replacement just another vehicle of communication. Thanks for tossing the idea around anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Asaf View Post
                Yes- I understand the importance of having the forum and saving all the critical data for later look ups. I think this is ideal and us newbies get to learn from the past. So it was not intended as a replacement just another vehicle of communication. Thanks for tossing the idea around anyway.

We love it ideas, so just to let you know we're glad you asked!

Maybe, someday, we'll have experiment and give it a try, we're all for new ideas.

Mike Phillips
                760-515-0444
                showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

I posted a request about two weeks ago asking if anyone knew a good detailer in Austin, TX to remove swirl marks from my new Infiniti G35 Coupe (Black in color). Well, I had a few great responses from MOL that identified a detailer, Nick Chapman from Dallas, TX. Nick came down last weekend and detailed my car. Let me just say that it looks better than when I bought it brand new. Nick spent all day on my car. The end result is a blacker than black color with an awesome shine and NO SWIRL MARKS!! . Thanks Nick and thanks to all the Meguiars products he exclusively uses.

Comment

That chat rooms have thier place. However the permanance of being able to reference at all hours of the day or nightis a great feature. The old saying " if it Ain't broke don't fix it". imho I think its applicable here.
                    quality creates its own demand

Comment

Originally posted by GShulman View Post
                      I posted a request about two weeks ago asking if anyone knew a good detailer in Austin, TX to remove swirl marks from my new Infiniti G35 Coupe (Black in color). Well, I had a few great responses from MOL that identified a detailer, Nick Chapman from Dallas, TX. Nick came down last weekend and detailed my car. Let me just say that it looks better than when I bought it brand new. Nick spent all day on my car. The end result is a blacker than black color with an awesome shine and NO SWIRL MARKS!! . Thanks Nick and thanks to all the Meguiars products he exclusively uses.

Thats great to hear!
                      Brandon

Comment

I agree with everything said so far, if we add a chat room, the Forum wouldn't serve its purpose. I also think if you have a quick question, you could just call the Customer Care Center.

Just my thoughts!
                        Attack life, it's going to kill you anyway.

This is your life. Choose to live it to the fullest.

Comment

I'm trying to register for a detailing class on June 9

Comment

Originally posted by abranski View Post
                            I'm trying to register for a detailing class on June 9

Is this what you are looking for: Meguiar's Roadshow - Indianapolis, Indiana - June 9th, 2007 , if so click on link and reply to the thread and you should be set!

Brandon

Comment

Working...
                            X
                            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');