• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Meguiar's Ultimate Ceramic Coating - 2024 New Product Announcement

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #16
    I could see a situation when I can offer this as a "lite" coating option and M888 as my premium offering.

    Just like that, Meguiar's comes in with exactly what could dethrone products I have in those same positions.

    Very excited to try this most!

    When should we expect to see it available for purchase?

    Comment


    • #17
      Originally posted by Vettefan View Post
      Given the new 2024 ceramic products, are any of the current spray products (like G190526 Hybrid Ceramic Spray Wax) being discontinued?

      Vettefan
      No, just the replacement of the Hybrid Ceramic Wash & Wax to new style.
      Nick Winn
      Product & Training Specialist | Meguiar's Online Forum Administrator
      Meguiar's Inc.
      Irvine, CA
      nawinn@meguiars.com

      Comment


      • #18
        Originally posted by drumdan View Post
        I could see a situation when I can offer this as a "lite" coating option and M888 as my premium offering.

        Just like that, Meguiar's comes in with exactly what could dethrone products I have in those same positions.

        Very excited to try this most!

        When should we expect to see it available for purchase?
        Happy to hear! 888 should be available very soon as in before end of year. Keep checking your favorite online or pro distributor. Ultimate Ceramic Coating I will have to get back to you. I will check now.

        Nick Winn
        Product & Training Specialist | Meguiar's Online Forum Administrator
        Meguiar's Inc.
        Irvine, CA
        nawinn@meguiars.com

        Comment


        • #19
          Looks great

          Comment


          • #20
            I have a bottle of M27 that went watery at some point this summer. When I went to replace it, it was back-ordered. Would it make sense to wait for this to be available, rather than take advantage of black friday deals?

            I'm also wondering if there are any plans to have ceramic based products in the marine line?
            Keep your mast up and your rudder wet !!

            Comment


            • #21
              Originally posted by Jonesey View Post
              I have a bottle of M27 that went watery at some point this summer. When I went to replace it, it was back-ordered. Would it make sense to wait for this to be available, rather than take advantage of black friday deals?
              I'm also wondering if there are any plans to have ceramic based products in the marine line?
              It's happened to me, recently, one of my M27 sealants got separated and I couldn't mix it back together. It's become to watery to use.
              M27 usually gives me 6-month paint protection so Ultimate Ceramic Coating will easily last longer and it will be much easier to apply.

              Comment


              • #22
                Hi Nick, some additional questions:

                1) Should microfibers used to spread and buff this be discarded after use?
                2) Will this product harden in the sprayer line and sprayer head? Should they be cleaned with soap and hot water after using?
                3) What is the cure time for this prior to getting wet?

                Thank you.

                Comment


                • #23
                  Is there a minimum temperature for application of this?
                  Keep your mast up and your rudder wet !!

                  Comment


                  • #24
                    Can this be applied after using Hybrid Ceramic Pre Wax Prep?

                    Comment


                    • #25
                      Originally posted by Vettefan View Post
                      Given the new 2024 ceramic products, are any of the current spray products (like G190526 Hybrid Ceramic Spray Wax) being discontinued?

                      Vettefan
                      Negative : )
                      Nick Winn
                      Product & Training Specialist | Meguiar's Online Forum Administrator
                      Meguiar's Inc.
                      Irvine, CA
                      nawinn@meguiars.com

                      Comment


                      • #26
                        Originally posted by RPPM View Post
                        Hi Nick, some additional questions:

                        1) Should microfibers used to spread and buff this be discarded after use?
                        2) Will this product harden in the sprayer line and sprayer head? Should they be cleaned with soap and hot water after using?
                        3) What is the cure time for this prior to getting wet?

                        Thank you.
                        Hi RPPM,

                        Towels used with Ultimate Ceramic Coating can be used so long as they are immediately washed. Nothing to worry about with the sprayer clogging. Avoid moisture for 24 hours. Avoid washing for 1 week to allow for full cure.

                        Nick Winn
                        Product & Training Specialist | Meguiar's Online Forum Administrator
                        Meguiar's Inc.
                        Irvine, CA
                        nawinn@meguiars.com

                        Comment


                        • #27
                          Originally posted by symmetrical View Post
                          Can this be applied after using Hybrid Ceramic Pre Wax Prep?
                          No, you would not want to use Hybrid Ceramic Pre-Wax Prep Prior to this as it contains some hybrid ceramic protection qualities. A more traditional polish like Ultimate Polish or M200 Pro Speed Polish would be considerations.
                          Nick Winn
                          Product & Training Specialist | Meguiar's Online Forum Administrator
                          Meguiar's Inc.
                          Irvine, CA
                          nawinn@meguiars.com

                          Comment


                          • #28
                            Originally posted by Nick Winn View Post

                            No, you would not want to use Hybrid Ceramic Pre-Wax Prep Prior to this as it contains some hybrid ceramic protection qualities. A more traditional polish like Ultimate Polish or M200 Pro Speed Polish would be considerations.
                            Noted thank you!

                            I actually just tried some out on a panel, and wow this stuff is too easy to use. If this gets anywhere near HPC then it's yet another hit product in the line-up.

                            Comment


                            • #29
                              Originally posted by Nick Winn View Post

                              Similar durability to outgoing Hybrid Paint Coating however this is a true ceramic coating. Regarding layering, yes, if you would like, you can apply an additional coat/layer as long as is within the same day.
                              Nick, a question about layering: You say it can be layered the same day. I applied a single coat and it went on so easily that I am thinking of applying it every 3-4 months. Any problem with that?

                              Comment


                              • #30
                                Not a comment about the product's durability, and of course Meguiars have been pretty clear that this needs to be applied on bare paint. But I put some on my Subaru after doing Carpro Essence+ just because I wanted to try it out. After one short weekend through snow and salt, and one wash later, it appears to have completely failed. I tried to see maybe if it was just clogged and did some decontamination steps. Nope, still the same.

                                So just emphasizing it's pretty imperative you should apply this on bare paint. I'm going to do this exact thing and see how it holds up after a true polish.

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');