• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Meguiar's Ultimate Ceramic Coating - 2024 New Product Announcement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HockeyCrazi
    replied
    Anybody try this stuff on the interior? Not for Leather or screens, but the dashboard or plastic trim on the interior?

Leave a comment:

• Nick Winn
    replied
    Originally posted by Jonesey View Post
    I'm looking to try this out on my fleet. I saw that prep options include the new M200. I still have more than enough M205 and M210. Would either of these be acceptable as the prep step? I'd like to use what I have before adding another product to an already overflowing storage cabinet.
    Yes, absolutely you can use our M210 & M205. This biggest thing with this product is spraying onto the paint, about 1 spray per square foot area at a time, and working it in, until it begins to turn clear, working it in until about 90% gone, then flipping to dry side or separate towel for final wipe. We are also finding that temperature can slow the curing. 70 degrees Fahrenheit and above is ideal.

Here are some new videos for your reference:

Leave a comment:

• Jonesey
    replied
    I'm looking to try this out on my fleet. I saw that prep options include the new M200. I still have more than enough M205 and M210. Would either of these be acceptable as the prep step? I'd like to use what I have before adding another product to an already overflowing storage cabinet.

Leave a comment:

• symmetrical
    replied
    Not a comment about the product's durability, and of course Meguiars have been pretty clear that this needs to be applied on bare paint. But I put some on my Subaru after doing Carpro Essence+ just because I wanted to try it out. After one short weekend through snow and salt, and one wash later, it appears to have completely failed. I tried to see maybe if it was just clogged and did some decontamination steps. Nope, still the same.

So just emphasizing it's pretty imperative you should apply this on bare paint. I'm going to do this exact thing and see how it holds up after a true polish.

Leave a comment:

• JayH
    replied
    Originally posted by Nick Winn View Post

Similar durability to outgoing Hybrid Paint Coating however this is a true ceramic coating. Regarding layering, yes, if you would like, you can apply an additional coat/layer as long as is within the same day.
    Nick, a question about layering: You say it can be layered the same day. I applied a single coat and it went on so easily that I am thinking of applying it every 3-4 months. Any problem with that?

Leave a comment:

• symmetrical
    replied
    Originally posted by Nick Winn View Post

No, you would not want to use Hybrid Ceramic Pre-Wax Prep Prior to this as it contains some hybrid ceramic protection qualities. A more traditional polish like Ultimate Polish or M200 Pro Speed Polish would be considerations.
    Noted thank you!

I actually just tried some out on a panel, and wow this stuff is too easy to use. If this gets anywhere near HPC then it's yet another hit product in the line-up.

Leave a comment:

• Nick Winn
    replied
    Originally posted by symmetrical View Post
    Can this be applied after using Hybrid Ceramic Pre Wax Prep?
    No, you would not want to use Hybrid Ceramic Pre-Wax Prep Prior to this as it contains some hybrid ceramic protection qualities. A more traditional polish like Ultimate Polish or M200 Pro Speed Polish would be considerations.

Leave a comment:

• Nick Winn
    replied
    Originally posted by RPPM View Post
    Hi Nick, some additional questions:

1) Should microfibers used to spread and buff this be discarded after use?
    2) Will this product harden in the sprayer line and sprayer head? Should they be cleaned with soap and hot water after using?
    3) What is the cure time for this prior to getting wet?

Thank you.
    Hi RPPM,

Towels used with Ultimate Ceramic Coating can be used so long as they are immediately washed. Nothing to worry about with the sprayer clogging. Avoid moisture for 24 hours. Avoid washing for 1 week to allow for full cure.

Leave a comment:

• Nick Winn
    replied
    Originally posted by Vettefan View Post
    Given the new 2024 ceramic products, are any of the current spray products (like G190526 Hybrid Ceramic Spray Wax) being discontinued?

Vettefan
    Negative : )

Leave a comment:

• symmetrical
    replied
    Can this be applied after using Hybrid Ceramic Pre Wax Prep?

Leave a comment:

• Jonesey
    replied
    Is there a minimum temperature for application of this?

Leave a comment:

• RPPM
    replied
    Hi Nick, some additional questions:

1) Should microfibers used to spread and buff this be discarded after use?
    2) Will this product harden in the sprayer line and sprayer head? Should they be cleaned with soap and hot water after using?
    3) What is the cure time for this prior to getting wet?

Thank you.

Leave a comment:

• greg0303
    replied
    Originally posted by Jonesey View Post
    I have a bottle of M27 that went watery at some point this summer. When I went to replace it, it was back-ordered. Would it make sense to wait for this to be available, rather than take advantage of black friday deals?
    I'm also wondering if there are any plans to have ceramic based products in the marine line?
    It's happened to me, recently, one of my M27 sealants got separated and I couldn't mix it back together. It's become to watery to use.
    M27 usually gives me 6-month paint protection so Ultimate Ceramic Coating will easily last longer and it will be much easier to apply.

Leave a comment:

• Jonesey
    replied
    I have a bottle of M27 that went watery at some point this summer. When I went to replace it, it was back-ordered. Would it make sense to wait for this to be available, rather than take advantage of black friday deals?

I'm also wondering if there are any plans to have ceramic based products in the marine line?

Leave a comment:

• Franco76
    replied
    Looks great

Leave a comment:

Working...
X
gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');