• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mike Phillips' New Opportunity...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Mike Phillips' New Opportunity...

Here's a great write-up and detail Mike did on a Lexus.
    Continued... After buffing out all the panels with the Pinnacle Advanced Swirl Remover we re-buffed all the panels using the Lake Country 6' Whit

Comment

^^ Thanks for sharing that.

Just the kind of awesome write up we'd come to expect form Mike.
      Originally posted by Blueline
      I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Comment

Originally posted by imacarnut View Post
        Here's a great write-up and detail Mike did on a Lexus.
        http://www.autogeekonline.net/forum/...le-detail.html

Very Interesting Write Up.

He used NO Meguiars Products except APC+

Still Great Results and VERY thorough, just like Mike!
        Matt

Comment

Originally posted by Megafast13 View Post
          Very Interesting Write Up.

Most disturbing.
          r. b.

Comment

He's just spreading his wings and all the new toys and products he gets to play with!

I bet he wears out a keyboard or two in the next year or so!

Great thing is he brought a lot of Meguiar's products to the AG store and they have price match!
            Philippians 2:14 - Do all things without grumbling or questioning,

Comment

It was a (typically) great write up. I loved it especially because it gave me some tips for my own car, as to the products... I think it was pretty clear that he didn't like the Pinnacle polishes as much as what Megs has to offer.

I also think that this post was a lot different than his first few, because he needs to get to know the Autogeek product lineup and the best way to do so, is through use.

The skeptical part of me knows that the markup on the pinnacle products and many other "boutique" type brands is a lot higher, so the impetus to sell them over Meguiars is pretty high.

Take something like NXT 2.0 vs. WG Fuzion. I know they are different, but you can find NXT for 12 bucks and Fuzion for $175. I'd bet the mark up on Fuzion is a "tad" higher than NXT.

For me, the most interesting thing about the "Mike at Autogeek" mix is the autogeek stance on "product for a particular color", something which Mike has long rejected. He (in the past) said that if a product looks good on black, it will look good on anything. That is why Meg's uses black cars to showcase their products.

However, on AG, many of their "experts" will say things like "Souveran for silver" and WG DGPS 3.0 for red (two fictional examples). I wonder how that type of advice will cut, if asked to Mike directly.
              ----------------------------------

3Fitty - Now recommending products I have never used.

Comment

Originally posted by 3Fitty View Post
                I wonder how that type of advice will cut, if asked to Mike directly.
                I'll stick to the same thing I've been posting to the Internet since 1994, before forum even existed and that's

"Find something YOU like and use it often"

Seriously, everyone sees things differently and the last thing you ever want to do is try to change someone's mind, especially when it comes to choice of wax or paint sealant.

I learned a long time ago the fastest way to get into a flame war on the Internet is to bring up one of the below topics,
                • Politics
                • Religion
                • Car Wax
                As ridiculous as it seams, it's very true.

My next write up is in the Autogeek Garage right now, it's a black Lincoln with moderate swirls and I'm going to showcase Meguiar's product. So there's always going to balance. My first class will be on using the Meguiar's line of products, so there's going to be balance in the classes to.

One aspect of my job is to show people how to get great results with the products they already have in their garage. Autogeek has a strong customer base that has been buying products including Meguiar's for years now, but that doesn't mean they know exactly how to maximize the performance of everything they already own, so my job is more than just highlighting products to people new to detailing their car it's just as important to show an established customer base how to use what they've already purchased whether that was 1 week ago or 1 year ago.

I hope over the years that I've shown myself to keep the focus on the performance of the products and that will be the continued focus. Besides that I'm also going to keep things positive. While others are arguing over whatever it is they have the time to argue about, I'm going to move forward with a new project just like we did over here on the forum and in the Meguiar's Garage. As we get the classes fired up expect to start seeing extreme makeovers and other projects that will keep the focus on showing others how to get great results in their own garage with the products they already have and should they be lacking in anything then Autogeek is a reputable online supplier ready to help out by supplying products and via job... customer service, which is sharing with enthusiasts how to use them correctly for best results.

Mike Phillips
                760-515-0444
                showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Thanks for all the knowledge you've left here on the forum.
                  Success is never final, failure is never fatal. It's courage that counts.
                  by John Wooden

'88 Honda

Comment

This is coming up next,

By hand, because I can.

Mike Phillips
                    760-515-0444
                    showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Phillips View Post

By hand, because I can.

Can't wait to see another write up...That is if your hands are still intact!
                      Matt

Comment

Can't wait to see another write up...That is if your hands are still intact!
                        Did my test spots on the read trunk lid, dialed-in a successful system and will now duplicate on the hood tomorrow.

Will do half the hood by hand and time myself and then half the hood using the G100 and time myself to give people a good idea as to the difference in both speed and results when working by hand or machine.

Mike Phillips
                        760-515-0444
                        showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

That sounds like it is going to be a very interesting write up. Sounds like another great idea. It will aid the weekend warrior or a die hard enthusiast.
                          quality creates its own demand

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Phillips View Post
                            • Politics
                            • Religion
                            • Car Wax
                            Haha, that sounds like the title of a book you may write in a few years.
                            -HealthyCivic
                            Check out the glossary

Comment

So I'm late to the party. Sorry to hear that you have left So. Cal., Mike. Have really enjoyed your tutelage and enthusiasm at the classes in Irvine. Wishing you the very best and hope you continue to share your knowledge here -- and yes, I will be logging in to autogeek quite a bit more now! Thanks and congratulations.

Comment

Originally posted by christopherjhayes View Post
                                So I'm late to the party. Sorry to hear that you have left So. Cal., Mike. Have really enjoyed your tutelage and enthusiasm at the classes in Irvine. Wishing you the very best and hope you continue to share your knowledge here -- and yes, I will be logging in to autogeek quite a bit more now! Thanks and congratulations.
                                Still going strong...

Have a 1954 Corvette coming to the Studio tomorrow and a 1959 Cadillac for next week.

Getting pad to work on cool cars...

Life is good... just follow your passion...

Mike Phillips
                                760-515-0444
                                showcargarage@gmail.com

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');