• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NEWS RELEASE - 3M to Acquire Meguiar's, Inc.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NEWS RELEASE - 3M to Acquire Meguiar's, Inc.

Maybe it will be easier to obtain banners now ...? lets hope so..
    Joe's detailing (Since 2002)
    ''We begin where the car wash Ends.''
    (269)650-2242

Comment

Great. Corporate greed sweeps its way through another company.

Better stock up on product before 3M starts crapifying it so they can make higher margins.

Sorry folks, but we will all pay for this poor decision.
      It's only weird because it's not normal

www.project-one.us

Comment

Originally posted by Joe's detailing View Post
        Maybe it will be easier to obtain banners now ...? lets hope so..
        Hah!! Buying stuff adds up. Its very easy to get yourself a banner. When you start buying in bulk, you get to that point VERY quickly.
        If its fast, loud, and runs on a flammable liquid...count me in.

Comment

Meguiar's in Irvine has been a family-owned business for 100 years. Now it will be part of 3M, maker of everything from Scotch tape to Post-it notes.
          Terms of the deal, which is expected to close in the fourth quarter, were not disclosed. Meguiar’s has 115 employees.

You don’t have to be a car enthusiast to have a bottle of Meguiar’s polish or wax in your garage cabinet. Its product line has expanded far beyond the original Mirror Glaze polishes.
          However, the waxing habit has waned. In a 2004 Barry Meguiar told colleague Diana McCabe, just 23% of Americans wax their cars today, down from 65% in the mid-’70s. The need to polish and wax has fallen as auto manufacturers have developed more resilient paint finishes.
          “Combining with 3M will greatly enhance our ability to serve and support car crazy people on a global basis,” he said about today’s announcement of the sale. “We are excited about the opportunity to grow our business by joining forces with one of the world’s great global companies, working together to increase our support of the car hobby worldwide.”
          Meguiar’s will be part of 3M’s Automotive Aftermarket Division.
          “The addition of Meguiar’s builds on our professional offering for the automotive industry and brings the expertise of Barry Meguiar in the growing enthusiast market for car care products,” said Ian Hardgrove, vice president of the Automotive Aftermarket Division.

Comment

To Mike and Mike, better buy some warm clothes for those visits to the corporate office in the Twin Cities................

BTW 3M is very regimented, and are very big on the suit and tie thing for it's employees.

It will be an adjustment for sure.

RamAirV1
            2015 Dodge Charger R/T Scat Pack 392Granite Crystal
            2006 GTO Impulse Blue

Comment

I'm not so sure about this. I hope it all goes well and Meguiars products stay great for us consumers.

I have a bad feeling that the passion, philosophy and commitment behind a family owned company will be lost to a greedy corporate giant.
              Originally posted by Blueline
              I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Comment

WOW! What can I say? I have mix feeling about this acquisition.
                I'm excited by the news of combining Meguiar's with 3M because I know together, they will develop some crazy products for car enthusiasts, but on the other hand, small company bought out by big corp. is never a good thing for the small one. It means that some of the products from Meguiar's will be discontinue due to duplicate product line from 3M, consolidate facilities and possible cut employees. Hope all the best for Meguiar's!
                "Huu duyen thien ly nang tuong ngo,
                Vo duyen doi dien bat tuong phung."

Comment

Now I know why I couldn't get through to the consumer office today to place an order. The message said that everyone was at a special staff meeting.

I am sorry to hear this news. Everything changes after a buyout like this. Everything changes. And rarely are these changes good, either for the consumer or for the employees of the formerly family-owned company. But such is business. Time will tell.
                  Swirls hide in the black molecular depths, only waiting for the right time to emerge and destroy your sanity.
                  --Al Kimel

Comment

Originally posted by akimel View Post
                    I am sorry to hear this news. Everything changes after a buyout like this. Everything changes. And rarely are these changes good, either for the consumer or for the employees of the formerly family-owned company. But such is business. Time will tell.
                    Sadly, this is my experience as well....

Comment

Congrats to Meguiar's!
                      Bad for us the consumers, I think. $40.00 for a pint of Ultrafina...hope the same doesn't happen to Meguiar's stuff.
                      Hope I'm wrong.
                      Heatgain (Gary)
                      The Irate Magistrate
                      Neutral & Detached

Comment

Since were talking about 3m they have also aquired Edge Pads company. I talked with Aaron the owner and he said the same thing Megs is saying that 3m is leaving everything in place including him but bought everything.
                        I think there gearing up to take over the industry.

Comment

Yikes!

Number ONE rule to remember – rumors will run amok!

Best of luck to all.

al
                          The way a person treats their car is a direct reflection of how they treat themselves

Comment

One of the vendors that I work very closely with was recently taken over by a rather big international company. Boy, that acquisition has become a big pain in the butt for me as an system admin, and my department, as a customer. Not to mention they announced that pricing will go up as high as 25% (no kidding).

I'm seriously hoping that this 3M Meg deal will be nothing like that.

Comment

I am very disappointed at this news. It might make a lot of sense from an economic and business perspective, but whatever big business say about customers and customer service, their only concern is keeping the shareholders happy.

I really hope that I'm wrong, but I've been through too many company restructures in my career that have demonstrated that profit always trumps the customer in big business.

Comment

Very nervous...

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');