• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cyclo pads and a decontamination wash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cyclo pads and a decontamination wash

I know i'm not the first, but I really think Meguiars should make 4" cyclo style buffing pads. The pads could also be marketing as spot repair pads for the PC/Rotary as many other companies are alreayd doing for the cyclo(ex. the LC 4" cyclo pads can be used with both a rotary and a porter, and so can the edge 4" pads sold through rightlook). The pads, however, should be designed with the cyclo in mind, as not all 4" pads fit the cyclo(the buff and shine and sm arnold spot repair pads come to mind).

I'd also recomend the creation of a 3 step paint decontamination wash. I'm currently using AutoInt's ABC (www.autoint.com) which I feel is the best(I've also used the finish kare system, www.fk1usa.com which is the only other one that I've found), but I think Meguiars could do it better. If I had to guess I would say 80% of the time the Decon. wash produces results vastly superior than claying the car, and when the is heavily decontaminated, I'll clay during the B step(the acid neutralizer) which ALWAYS produces results superior to that of claying alone. I'm sure many out the have experienced the odd white or silver car which little orange spots that claying can't seem to get out, well this is the solution that I've found.
    I want 4" Softbuff pads!

Haven't used the cyclo, however 4" spot pads would be extremely useful. Meguiar's needs to hurry up and get in the cyclo pad market, as well as the 4" spot repair pad market.

Comment

The cyclo, I guess you either love it or hate it. I don't care for it but Meguiar employee Jason Rose likes it.

I have used gallons and gallons of both finish kares and AIs decon wash. I have used them on commercial applications only as I feel they are too strong to use on nice cars. I have had problems with their products turning plastic trim greyishwhite.

I would love Meguiars input into these products.

BTW- George, I did get your call and will call you soon.
      Freedom prospers when Christianity is vibrant and the rule of law under God is acknowledged

Comment

I too would welcome both 4" pads and a decontamination system. I've never had any problems with the decon system I'm currently using, but yeah, I'd like to have a Meguiar's version.

Superior Shine- Yikes! Sure glad the stuff I'm using never messed up anything on my vehicles. But then I'm pretty careful to keep it on the paint and off the other surfaces (well, as best I can).

gbackus- Interesting that you prefer the ABC, that's the one I use. And yeah, claying during the acidic step works great
        Practical Perfectionist

Comment

Superior Shine- I guess if you doing cars that are well kept, there would be no need for using the decon. system, but the vast majority of cars I have done are kept outside 24/7 and until I get ahold of them were washed maybe once every couple of months, usually at a touchless. For these cars I have found that claying can take forever to get a smooth surface, and many times I get spots(rail/brake dust/jet fallout as I live underneath an LAX flightpath) that won't come out with clay alone. With the decon system, I spend about 15 more minutes during the "wash" process and rarely need to clay, when I do it takes 5-15 minutes rather than 30-60 minutes that I have had to do before.

Accumulator- I get similar results with both decon. systems, but sometimes the FK1 system gets sort of sticky during the the second step. I have not had any trim issues like those that SS has had, but I have not used either system as much as he has. I have heard of others have trim issues though, but like you I'm fairly careful during the second stepand avoid getting the step 2 on any trim if at all possible(which doesn't always happen).
          I want 4" Softbuff pads!

Comment

gbackus- Thanks for explaining your preference for the ABC.
            Practical Perfectionist

Comment

I'd be very enthusiastically all for such products
              my product collection-- New !
              My Detailing Credo
              Treat it like it's the only one in the world.

Comment

I'd like a decon wash for my dealer work. I do very good on dealer accounts but the cars are hammered 90% of the time. I average 10 dealer cars a week so anything to speed it up I'll do. I spent an hour claying a white dually because of all the rust spots on it. Time=money.

Comment

Working...
                X
                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');