• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

product compatibility data

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• product compatibility data

So more of a service than I product but it would be nice to see the results of common practices as measured objectively. Such as layering M07,NXT, and M26 and chemically determine (via mass-spec maybe?) how much of each remains especially when compared with the product alone.

Re: product compatibility data

It is near impossible to actually determine how much of each is on the surface. Wax lays down such a thin layer that measuring it is extremely challenging. Determining how much of each is then on the surface proves even more challenging.

I can assure you though that M07 followed by NXT 2.0 followed by M26 is a compatible combo. You do not have to worry about compatibility with Meguiars items.
    Tedrow's Detailing
    845-642-1698
    Treat Yourself to that New Car Feeling

Comment

Do you know for a fact that it is hard to measure? I know it is difficult to measure thickness but I was thinking of using a chemical approach. I.e. scrape an area and look for a chemical signature or specific chemical that is found only in a particular product.
      Yeah, I might be dreaming on this one

Comment

Although many things confuse me, this discussion is one of those things. It's been said M07 has a poor life span. It's been said Gold Class wax has a shorter life span then NXT Tech 2.0. Yet you will read people recommend or have used NXT Tech 2.0 on top of Gold Class and we routinely put Gold Class or NXT on the top of M07.

Now I think I understand when you towel off M07, the product left is deep in the pores of the clear coat or single stage and putting a wax on top of that the wax will still bond to the clear coat/single stage paint.

However when you wax with Gold Class and you put NXT on top, does the NXT bond to the Gold Class or bond to the clear coat/single stage? If the NXT bonds to the Gold Class will it not have the life span of the Gold Class? Or does the NXT bond to the clear coat/single stage THROUGH the Gold Class?

Or is it when folks say they like the look of NXT on top of Gold Class, they don't really care about life span but just the look.

What bonds to what to determine the ultimate life span of completed, layered wax job?

I'm confused have I stated it so someone understands my confusion?

"fishing for swirls in a sea of black"
        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
        David

Comment

Those are my concerns exactly! A lot of people using layering (including me) but it's not clear to me that it is a good idea. We can layer a wax and a synthetic sealant if the wax binds to molecule A in the paint and the sealant binds to molecule B, but if wax is (+) charge, paint is (-), then if we apply a wax to the paint we have just occupied our (-) charges and applying something on top would give us (+) on (+) which would not adhere.
          Of course the mechanism could be something completely different!
          To make matters worse is the Meg's people say things like "some people like to layer" without saying if it works, is a good idea etc.

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');