• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tire Cleaner

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tire Cleaner

I use Westley's Bleche-White on my tires. I have some rather spendy 3 piece wheels that I am very careful with in terms of wheel cleaner.

Westley's does a great job cleaning the tires. It pretty strong stuff though (e.g. Bleche sounds lot like BLEACH..no accident on Westley's part I imagine).

So, Meguiars, how about a cleaner specifically for tires that is safe for all wheels.

Re: Tire Cleaner

I've read that All Purpose Cleaner does a great job on tires, but on your delicate 3 piece wheels, not sure.

That would be a good buy!

I currently use Eagle One All Tire/wheel cleaner just for the tires then Hot Rims All Wheel Cleaner on the wheels as needed. Usually a good scrubbing with good ol' GC car wash does the trick and I do the wheels/tires first then the rest of the car with new soap.
    Philippians 2:14 - Do all things without grumbling or questioning,

Comment

APC and a tire brush = GREAT for cleaning tires.
      Heatgain (Gary)
      The Irate Magistrate
      Neutral & Detached

Comment

Thats my recipe: apc and a tire brush. Great results.

In the 70's i heard on more then one occasion that westley's had a good amount of oven cleaner in their formula. This has since been reformulated. But back then it was the tire cleaner that everyone used in my neck of the woods. I should also mention at this time I was working for Vogue tyre.
        quality creates its own demand

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Miyagi View Post
          I use Westley's Bleche-White on my tires. I have some rather spendy 3 piece wheels that I am very careful with in terms of wheel cleaner.

Westley's does a great job cleaning the tires. It pretty strong stuff though (e.g. Bleche sounds lot like BLEACH..no accident on Westley's part I imagine).

So, Meguiars, how about a cleaner specifically for tires that is safe for all wheels.
          We actually introduced a dedicated tire cleaner in the NXT Line but it was dropped due to poor sales. It was a great tire cleaner and purposefully formulated to be safe on anything in the wheel well area but what we found out is that most people don't and won't do two steps to their tires.

You and others that are passionate about your car to hang out on discussion forums to learn the craft of auto detailing might be willing to do two step but the average car owner only wants to do one step and this lead to low sales of a great product.

Our APC in our Professional Detailer Line is a great tire cleaner as already mentioned, you just have to buy a gallon at a time and then dilute it to the recommended dilution ration.

All Purpose Cleaner

Meguiar's All Purpose Cleaner is ideal for reconditioning interior surfaces. The superior foaming action gently lifts the dirt away while its unique blend of fabric softeners and optical brighteners enhance the look and feel of carpet, upholstery, vinyl and even leather.

D-10101 1 gallon
          D-10105 5 gallon
          D-10155 55 gallon

Medium Duty Degreasing 10:1
          Heavy Duty Degreasing 4:1

Recommended replacement for All Purpose Cleaner +.
          Mike Phillips
          760-515-0444
          showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

I've recently got some APC in a trade of products, used it on my last detail and am SO impressed with it. I used it successfully on exterior plastic cladding with a toothbrush to remove white wax stains; cleaned door jams with it, all interior vinyl and plastic, and the roof rack. I use it on steering wheels and it's unbelievable how much dirt and grease comes off.
            Love APC.
            Heatgain (Gary)
            The Irate Magistrate
            Neutral & Detached

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Phillips View Post
              We actually introduced a dedicated tire cleaner in the NXT Line but it was dropped due to poor sales. It was a great tire cleaner and purposefully formulated to be safe on anything in the wheel well area but what we found out is that most people don't and won't do two steps to their tires.

You and others that are passionate about your car to hang out on discussion forums to learn the craft of auto detailing might be willing to do two step but the average car owner only wants to do one step and this lead to low sales of a great product.

I LOVED THIS PRODUCT !!!...easy to use and quickly covered the entire tire with a cleaning foam that was great at getting the tires clean. I have a few cans left but will occasionally use APC+ as well...too bad the NXT tire cleaner was discontinued...
              Bill Poirier
              West Seneca, NY 14224

"until you can afford a great car, always strive for a great looking car"

Comment

Use the left over car soap. Works fine.

Comment

Sad to hear this product is going to be discontinued. Guess I have to buy what's left in Polish shop because I absolutely love this product.

Comment

Originally posted by TKDDAD View Post
                    I LOVED THIS PRODUCT !!!...easy to use and quickly covered the entire tire with a cleaning foam that was great at getting the tires clean. I have a few cans left but will occasionally use APC+ as well...too bad the NXT tire cleaner was discontinued...

I very recently picked this up at Big Lots. There was ONE can. I used and I really like it too. The Consumer market is fickle. I can't say as I blame Megs for killing off an under performer. Guess it's some type of APC when I run out.
                    Rob A.
                    '09 Kia Optima (Bronze Metallic)
                    '07 Kia Optima (Gold)

Comment

NXT is a great tire cleaner to bad I just used up my last bottle and nomore at Big Lots.

Comment

Yeah, I was disappointed. Maybe there's some at my K-Mart. If they have NXT 1.0 there's hope for NXT tire cleaner!
                        Rob A.
                        '09 Kia Optima (Bronze Metallic)
                        '07 Kia Optima (Gold)

Comment

I found this product at Big Lots and I love it. I use Hot Rims All Wheel Cleaner for the wheels. Needless to say, the wheels and tires look great.

I keep seeing Big Lots run out then restocking this product. I buy as much as I can when I see it.

Comment

Working...
                          X
                          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');