• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wax Remover for Exterior Trim

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wax Remover for Exterior Trim

In a special dispenser type container. Something dedicated to wax removal only for plastic, vinyl and rubber.
    "Meguiar's, Im back home Again, and plan to Stay!".
    They call me "Blue"

Usually we recommend the #39 Vinyl Cleaner with a soft bristle nylon brush, like a toothbrush.

All Purpose Cleaner in the Detailer line should work also.

Mike
    Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Thanks Mike!

I will order some and give it a try. Getting rid of the left over wax on the trim has always been a pet peeve of mine.
      They call me "Blue"

Comment

If I'm not mistaken at the last detail day in NJ, Rod showed us that #40 did a great job removing wax from vinyl and rubber.
        #40 is a vinyl and rubber cleaner protectant.

He also taught us that the best way to get wax off the trim is to NOT get wax on it in the first place.
        Some things are easier said then done..by getting some "painters masking tape" I belive it's blue in color, You tape off the trim before waxing and this should help you in the long run.This is by far the best way. IMHO.

If you by chance use #40 on the trim. Then wax and get wax on the trim, Use #40 to get the wax off the trim again....
        you see how easy it is to chase your tail?
        The masking tape sure would stop a lot of this.

Good luck
        Keep us posted on how you do.

Tnx
        Rich
        If you don't have Meguiar's in your hand
        DON'T TOUCH MY TRUCK

Comment

Never thought of the masking tape idea. Sounds great! I will have to try that the next time out!

Thanks for the info!
          They call me "Blue"

Comment

When i dont have time to mask off and im using a wax that stains i just dress the trim first without buffing off the excess dressing, if i accidently hit the trim the wax dosent stick due to the dressing still on the trim When im done i buff the trim than the wax and no stains!

Comment

Another great idea!

Thank You!
              They call me "Blue"

Comment

I emailed Meguiar's about this very subject a couple of years ago. The suggestion then, was similar to now; dress the trim first (I was told to use the GC Trim Detailer), then polish/wax your vehicle.

I was also told to use Meguiar's EXTRA All Surface Cleaner to remove any wax that had 'stained' the trim.

I would imagine that current suggestions would work best, but if you have any of the above on hand, it would also do the trick.

Comment

Working...
                X
                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');