• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

More pads...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More pads...

From my experience with both Lake Country and Meg's pads, I find that they're sort of in between each other when it comes to level of cutting... something like yellow LC, 7006, orange LC, 8006, white LC, 9006, black LC...

Was there before, or is it possible for the future, any consideration for producing a few more 6.5" foam pads with different levels of density/cutting power?
    Ivan Rajic - LUSTR Auto Detail
    Chicago, Illinois

Recognized as One of the Top Nine Auto Detailers in the US by AutoWeek Magazine!!

Re: More pads...

What products were you using with the pads as well?
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Originally posted by Murr1525 View Post
      What products were you using with the pads as well?
      I've used Meguiar's and Menzerna polishes... pretty much all of them... 105, 85, 84, 83, 80, 82, 9, 3, 4, 1, 2, and SIP, PG, 106ff

Why do you ask?
      Chicago, Illinois

Recognized as One of the Top Nine Auto Detailers in the US by AutoWeek Magazine!!

Comment

It can be helpful info... Someone might think you only use #80 and want different pads, when the obvious answer is changing to #83/#9/#105 as needed, etc. Or changing to a different machine, etc.
        2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Originally posted by Murr1525 View Post
          It can be helpful info... Someone might think you only use #80 and want different pads, when the obvious answer is changing to #83/#9/#105 as needed, etc. Or changing to a different machine, etc.
          Oh yea... I guess you're right. It's simply the fact that Meg's pads seem "too far apart" if that makes sense. 8006 tends to sometimes marr the surface (make it grainy) when used with 83, but 83 on a white LC pad finished down pretty much LSP ready on same paint with same machine. I just really like how Meg's pads, especially 8006, are easier to handle... for example, even though 8006 seems to have more bite than LC white, the thicker LC white pads, such as CSS or CCS, whichever, seem harder.. harder meaning 7006 is harder than 8006... hell 7006 seems like polishing with a brick sometimes haha
          Chicago, Illinois

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');