• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

the absorber

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• the absorber

i was helping a friend wash and wax her durango . she had purchased that day a towl called the absorber that a pep boys guy had recomended. i didnt think it would work at all. well when we washed the car and started drying it, this thing was amazing. it didnt smear the water at all like i thought it would. i know meguiars has alot of drying tools but maybe just one more . if u r to see for urself this absorber it comes in a white tube to keep it moist.

- i will have to put this up to the test with the water magnet because im really not sure which would win.
    - INKO'S

~ What White Tea Taste Like

Re: the absorber

I use one to dry the convertible top on my wife's MINI when I wash it. It works well and doesn't leave any lint as towels and MFs do.

Comment

i live by the absorber....i never put it back in the box bc it can mold....all you need to do is let it air dry and rewet it before you dry your car with it....funny thing is, if you read the bottle it comes in it says you can use it as a shower towel...lol....it is also machine washable, which is nice.
      2006 Range Rover HSE - Lux pkg, Rear Ent pkg
      2004 Dodge Ram 2500 - 4x4
      1999 Camaro SS

Comment

We use to sell the Absorber in our catalogs. The Absorber is made from two layers of polyvinyl alcohol foam with a layer of nylon mesh sandwiched in-between and impregnated with a fungicide to help prevent mold and mildew.

The nylon mesh center helps prevent the soft pliable foam from ripping or tearing. With repeated use the fungicide eventually will wash out, that's to be expected. Have been told to wash it in the washing machine with some vinegar periodically as it gets older.

Our closest replacement for this product would be our Soft Touch Microfiber Chamois

Mike Phillips
        760-515-0444
        showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

I loved the Absorber. But I bought a Water Magnet and I don't think that I am going back. I will probably use the Absorber for my wifes car.

Comment

I also swear by the absorber. The way I use iut is as follows; Absorber on the roof ,then wipe off excess with water magnet repeat on all sections until car is done.
            quality creates its own demand

Comment

it says it will never mold and to leave it moist in tube for next use. i dont think u even need to pick up excess with it becuase it works so well. so y did meguiars get rid of it?

-savage, did u see it is also good on the pets to...i will have to try that lol.
              - INKO'S

Comment

[quote-savage, did u see it is also good on the pets to...i will have to try that lol.[/quote]
                what a day....take a shower and dry off with the absorber, wash your dog and dry it with the absorber, wash your car and dry it with the absorber.....what cant the absorber do.....lol

i left mine in the bottle after a couple of washes and it developes a foul mold smell....
                2006 Range Rover HSE - Lux pkg, Rear Ent pkg
                2004 Dodge Ram 2500 - 4x4
                1999 Camaro SS

Comment

I have one. What I didn't know is that it's made in many colors. When I bought mine, the only color at the store was pink, so I thought all absorbers were that color.

Works quite well, it's my backup towel in case I drop my water magnet. Haven't used it in a while.

Comment

Originally posted by Skuz View Post
                    I have one. What I didn't know is that it's made in many colors. When I bought mine, the only color at the store was pink, so I thought all absorbers were that color.

Works quite well, it's my backup towel in case I drop my water magnet. Haven't used it in a while.
                    I use mine as a back up as well, or when I need to absorb lots of water and don't want to get my Meguiars towels dirty. I have a pink and yellow, there is all kinds of colors!
                    Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
                    Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

i am still baffled about it. but when i did compare in my mind the water magnet to the absorber i relized that since the absorber is flat it could scratch the paint if i were to run over any dirt. the water magnet would pick up the dirt off the car and continue to dry. i do like the absorber tho. it would be my second choice within towl selection.

- ill also use it do dry the dog of and dry off from the shower with
                      - INKO'S

Comment

the abosrber works great, when you aren't dealing with any contaiminites. if you wash your car, every inch that you will be dryin with the absorber, then you will be perfectly fine if you rinse it properly. yes the absorber can catch some things, but its kinda like working with a pad applicator for me. if i drop it, i'll throw it into the wash. end of story. i ususally follow up with a clean terry towel to pick up the small residue that the absorber doesnt pick up. i love it.
                        2001 Granite Sentra Se - Brought back to a brilliant shine via meguiars. took 6+ hours of work. i'm currently loving its' shine.

Comment

Working...
                        X
                        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');