• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Poll - Meguiar's Web Cam

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

i would think that they would remove the products from the garage before classes web cam or not
    Patrick Yu
    2003 Honda Accord
    2008 Honda Accord EX-L V6

Comment

Originally posted by RCBuddha
      lol...what no votes for no? lol...
      and if anyone votes NO....we can track your I.P. address....LOL
      Mandarina Racing

Comment

Any news on this???

Comment

erased for double post, laptop must be warm, lol.

Comment

I think this would be a great benefit, it would allow those of us who can't make it out there all the time to see whats going on in real time.
            Erik Mejia

Polishing Paint removes the stress in my life, and the swirls on my car.

Comment

I'm down with web cam no doubt. It looks like most of class based in Cali. But as bandwidth for the webcam, I think Meguiar's going need some OC3 to accomdate 1000's users in a same pipe.
              Can you imagine the how slow the streaming going be?

Comment

I think a camera is a great idea. Who wouldn't? We all know it's impossible for Meguiars to offer detailing classes all around the country and the world, so a camera would be the next best thing. As far as hardware and software goes, maybe they should check out the cameras and solutions at http://www.webcamstore.com/professio...hp?type=indoor . They have several professional packages.

Comment

Being in Canada this would be an amazing tool to add to my detailing arsenal. Unless of course you guys are going to come up and enjoy some B.C. hospitality, that would be great also.
                  If a man talks in a forest, and there is no woman there to hear him, .... is he still wrong?

Comment

...or Alberta
                    we like to think we are the best province, just becuase we have ralfbucks and no PST!
                    Patrick Yu
                    2003 Honda Accord
                    2008 Honda Accord EX-L V6

Comment

will this great idea ever happen ? we have nothing like this in England, Meguiars could re-coup the costs with a small charge to watch ...

Comment

How about something wireless!!!!!!!!For close ups!

SRT-10 Silver

Comment

Originally posted by sneek
                          lol i dont think theres any disadvantage to having it on web cam
                          Nothing personal, but I disagree.
                          • People will be in the way of the camera.
                          • This will require extensive bandwith availability of the part of Meguiar's.
                          • It will be difficult to clearly see process, technique, and detail being described during the hands-on session.
                          • It would just be a gimmick.

I would like to see the time and resources that would be required to have a webcam be used to create more (free, and updated) online videos, more DVD/VHS videos, and videos of topics from the Pro Detail classes.

Comment

I said yes.

Why?

1, I live in the UK and I will probably never be able to attend a class.

2, Recordings of classes are all very well, but you don't get the atmoshere of a real live environment...

3....and all the goof-ups are cut out

Jules

Comment

I can see both sides of the coin, but I voted yes.

Having a webcam in a class will be great for those of us who can't attend a live/in person event. Of course some of us will not be able to watch it "live" at the time, so saving it for later viewing is a needed must.

I for one would travel to Dallas if they have another meet there. It's only eight hours away, but I have friend's who live there so I have a place to stay.
                              Last edited by rascal; Aug 12, 2006, 07:56 AM.
                              2016 Focus ST

Comment

Why would anyone vote no? If they dont want to watch it, they dont have to.
                                '00 Audi A4 1.8 T
                                '09 Audi A4 2.0 T Quattro
                                Attention to detail is the key to success
                                Steve

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');