• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How do you get your tire shine on without spraying the rotors?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How do you get your tire shine on without spraying the rotors?

A friend of mine said that the spray is much better than the gel but the only problem is that I don't want to accidently spray my rotors/pads. I know there are applicators for putting on tire shine but do they work with a spray or only the gel? Also, what is the best tire shine? That new NXT stuff looks pretty good but I haven't seen it in use yet. Thanks!!

Well here is a shot of NEW NXT Generation Insane Shine Tire Spray on a tire.

If you don't apply it in the wind you shouldn't get much if any on the rotors. Maybe a little on the rim but it wipes off.
    Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
    Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

There is something I saw sometime ago where you get a cardboard cutout of your wheel and then tape it up with electrical type tape so it lasts a while. This way your wheels and rotors don't get sprayed. I am thinking of doing a few of these for different size wheels.
      Protecting my "ride"

www.carwasher.com.au

Comment

We had just that....several cutouts from a flexible plastic with grip handles in the middle

Hold on the wheel with one hand, spray with the other. A small amount still gets on the wheel rim, but it's much easier to get off than coating the whole wheel. This also keeps it off the brake components.
        See the big picture, enjoy the details

Comment

I don't know about you guys, but I always end up getting it all over my paint (little dots of it that fly around in the wind and land on the body panels/glass/etc.)

So I don't use anything but the "Hot Shine" stuff that comes in a regular squirt bottle. I just apply it with a foam applicator pad.

Comment

Would a foam like Nxt Insane Shine apply with a Eagle one tire wipe on ok, not spray around, not use quite as much product? I like the liquid tiure dressings, but a little more shine would always be better.
            2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Shiny Lil Detailer,
              In order to minimize those spots when spraying, do it before wiping off the LSP or cleaning exterior windows. This way, any material you don't want on the paint finish will come off when you wipe your LSP.
              See the big picture, enjoy the details

Comment

Originally posted by Pete-FWA
                Shiny Lil Detailer,
                In order to minimize those spots when spraying, do it before wiping off the LSP or cleaning exterior windows. This way, any material you don't want on the paint finish will come off when you wipe your LSP.
                Yeah, and I do that when I'm applying an LSP... but there are some times when I just wash a vehicle, and want to touch up tire dressing. It's a pain to have to then break out the FI again after I'm already done.

I'm just as happy with the hot shine I'm using, though.... not quite as much "gloss" but they're tires; they aren't supposed to look like flawless black paint.

Comment

Working...
                X
                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');