• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can I use Interior trim detailer on the exterior?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can I use Interior trim detailer on the exterior?

I know it's interior stuff but is there any reason I can't use it on the plastic and other trim on the exterior of my car? I was thinking about getting the Quick Interior Detailer and it would be nice if I didn't have to an exterior one also.

By the way, how much is shipping from Meguiars.com?

Thanks a lot!! These forums have already been a lot of help.

It can be done, but has no real use or benefit.

The QID is only a duster for the interior. You will also want the Nxt Tech Protectant to really protect and enhance the look of the interior.

On the exterior trim, Gold CLass Trim Detailer is best to keep the black looking black.

I am not 100% sure, but it is like:

$4 or so for orders if $15 or less.
    $5 for less than $25.
    $6 for less tha n$50.

So definately order a few things to make the most of it.
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Thanks for the reply!!

Can I use the Gold Class Trim detailer as the only thing on my exterior trim or do I need something else? Thanks a lot!

Comment

Well, there are several options for exterior trim, (ie. black rubber and plastic stuff)... Gold Class being a favorite of mine in the Consumer line..

There is Gold Class liquid that I like, also Gold Class Foam. Hypr-Dressing and All-Season dressing can be used.

Those are dressings with a mild cleaning ability. If actual heavy cleaning was needed, #39 Vinyl and Rubber cleaner would be best, then followed by a dressing.

But in general, your trim will be washed when you wash the car, so unless they get stained, heavy cleaning sholdnt be needed.

Comment

Originally posted by Murr1525
          Well, there are several options for exterior trim, (ie. black rubber and plastic stuff)... Gold Class being a favorite of mine in the Consumer line..

There is Gold Class liquid that I like, also Gold Class Foam. Hypr-Dressing and All-Season dressing can be used.

Those are dressings with a mild cleaning ability. If actual heavy cleaning was needed, #39 Vinyl and Rubber cleaner would be best, then followed by a dressing.

But in general, your trim will be washed when you wash the car, so unless they get stained, heavy cleaning sholdnt be needed.

Thanks!

My trim is a little bit stained from when I waxed my car but the Gold Class Trim Detailer says that it helps get the wax out(which I've had a hard time doing). For a simple effective way to clean/protect my trim this would be a good option right? I don't have a lot of money right now but I want to make sure that I protect my car and make it look nice at the same time. That's why I'm wondering if I can get away with using this on the exterior trim and the NXT Tech Protectant on everything on the inside. Both seem to be somewhat of a cleaner and a protectant. Also, what do you use to remove this stuff after you apply it? Like a microfiber or a terry cloth towel? Thanks a lot!! You've been a huge help!!

Comment

A toothbrush to agitate the white stuff a little can also be helpfull.

The liquid version of the detailer is fantastic for the money, a little goes a long way. I usualy apply with an old, but clean cloth. Then let it sit for 5 minutes, and wipe off excess with a MF or Terry cloth, whatever.

Same idea with the Nxt Tech protectant, I like to wipe it on, let it set for a few minutes, then wipe off.

Comment

A toothbrush to agitate the white stuff a little can also be helpfull.

The liquid version of the detailer is fantastic for the money, a little goes a long way. I usualy apply with an old, but clean cloth. Then let it sit for 5 minutes, and wipe off excess with a MF or Terry cloth, whatever.

Same idea with the Nxt Tech protectant, I like to wipe it on, let it set for a few minutes, then wipe off.
              Thanks a lot!! You've been a huge help! Just to be clear though, I can use both of these by themselves in their respective areas and get a nice cleaner/protectant without spending a lot of money?

Thanks for the toothbrush idea too, I didn't think of that!

Comment

Well, as I said, if nothing needs heavily cleaned, then yes, both will look and protect great. I am not sure on the current condition of your car, but I am sure it is pretty average? If it is very dusty and dirty inside, just give a wipe with a slightly damp cloth first.

The Tech Protectant is fabulous on my interior (dark greyish/black). Made by brand new car look even better inside.

I would say the interior dressing lasts longer than the exterior of course, but they are both inexpensive, and a little goes along way, so I definately get my moneys worth.

Comment

Well, as I said, if nothing needs heavily cleaned, then yes, both will look and protect great. I am not sure on the current condition of your car, but I am sure it is pretty average? If it is very dusty and dirty inside, just give a wipe with a slightly damp cloth first.

The Tech Protectant is fabulous on my interior (dark greyish/black). Made by brand new car look even better inside.

I would say the interior dressing lasts longer than the exterior of course, but they are both inexpensive, and a little goes along way, so I definately get my moneys worth.
                  Sorry for asking somewhat of the same question, just wanted to make sure. I'm gonna pick up those products tonight and try them out this weekend.

Just curious but have you bought the Gold Class Trim Detailer at an auto parts store? I went to Murrays, Advance, and Auto Zone and didn't see it before but it's possible I could have missed it(even though I did look pretty hard). I don't know if Pep Boys had it because I hadn't checked there. Thanks again for the help!

Comment

I think I might have called and ordered mine...

Comment

Working...
                    X
                    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');