• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dealer washing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Gosh, that sounds more like the tunnel of doom than a car wash.
    r. b.

Comment

I do exactly the same as Mike.

I ALWAYS wash polish and wax the car immediately before i take it to be serviced and point out to the service manager that the car is spotless and free from parking dents and curbed wheels Last time the guy asked my who valeted (detailed) the car and almost offered me a job

I also make sure they make a note that i dont need the car washed although its pretty obvious, and stick an A4 size sign to the glove box saying 'PLEASE DO NOT WASH THIS CAR'.

Its worked the last 2 times but previously they obviously couldnt read

Comment

My dealer will not touch my car as I have told him that if it is not on the work order, by state law they can't do it. (anything NOT on the estimate that is) And I threatened to report them to the bureau of automotive repair if they did. Also I have seen their washing procedure they use some industrial cleaner and apply it with a push broom looking brush and then dry with shop towels that hang on a bush to dry. You can also see a rainbow of color in the water and the cleaning guys (I wont call then detailers) are walking in that oily water then getting in your car. It is bad enough to have to clean up after the pigs there anyway but to have to redo everything else is a crime.
        Dean and Rena
        SoCal New Beetle Club
        '00 Cybergreen GLS "Nessie"
        '03 Blue Lagoon Color Concept 1.8t "Blue Thunder"
        Webmaster Http://www.socalnbc.org

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');