• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

trim detailer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• trim detailer

Hello,
    Just spend Sunday cleaning my molding on the truck. Cleaned them with #39 to get them as clean as possible, also did the mirrors and door handles. I then applied trim detailer to all the molding, door handles and mirrors. Made sure I wiped them down after appling detailer.
    Sunday night it rained, when I got home from work later today (Monday) the paint on the doors had run off under each handle, same for the mirrors and the molding around the tires had the same look.
    Did I use the wrong products or did I apply them wrong.
    Thanks for any help on this, I'm tring to get the best look possible.

Re: trim detailer

Originally posted by colorado
    Hello,
    Just spend Sunday cleaning my molding on the truck. Cleaned them with #39 to get them as clean as possible, also did the mirrors and door handles. I then applied trim detailer to all the molding, door handles and mirrors. Made sure I wiped them down after appling detailer.
    Sunday night it rained, when I got home from work later today (Monday) the paint on the doors had run off under each handle, same for the mirrors and the molding around the tires had the same look.
    Did I use the wrong products or did I apply them wrong.
    Thanks for any help on this, I'm tring to get the best look possible.
    I've seen that happen before.

The only thing I can think of is to try and keep the vehicle out of the rain for a few days until the product has had a chance to cure, after applying a product like this.

That may not be possible for you, and I wished I could come up with a better idea.

A good wash, or a QD should remove the runs and any excess product that might be left over.

Did you use a microfiber towel to do the wipedown on the trim? If not, then it might pay to use one here..........Just a thought.
    r. b.

Comment

Thank You,

The truck is out all the time don't have a garage. What other product would work?

Comment

Originally posted by colorado
        Thank You,

The truck is out all the time don't have a garage. What other product would work?
        I'm at a loss to help you find a better product that won't run in the rain when just applied. Trim Detailer is the best product that I've come across so far.

But Meguiars does sell a product in an aerosol spray can called NEW Exterior Trim Detailer......Might be worth a try.

Maybe some of the others will help out here, as I am running out of answers for you.
        r. b.

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');