• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Recommend the best stuff and order of use for my car please

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Recommend the best stuff and order of use for my car please

Hi!
    I used to love Meguiar and now that I have a car that I like I am going to take care of it. The only issue I have is that you have so many prodcuts that its hard to know what to use. For instance, what will be the best of the best of your line up and what order to use? I like extreme shine and all that (I already bought the insane tire shine NXT). Please be as specific as possible cause I am buying on Sunday afternoon.
    Regards

Give us a little more info. What color is your car? Are you looking to repair any paint defects? What has been done in the past? How much time and effort are you willing to put into it? What products do you have, if any? Do you own any polishing tools?
    "I drink windex........it keeps me from streaking."

Comment

Dark blue and it needs to be paint as it has a bad big faded spot behind the t tops other than that the paint is ok. I have no polishing tools. I need something that wont take to long cause I will be doing it in a car wash not home. I was thinking the Gold was your top of the line up but the NXT seems to be very famous now. All I want is to make it shine nicely and stop rain from spoling my newly washed look. Some quick and EFFECTIVE waxing is needed.

Comment

Originally posted by shaolin95
        Dark blue and it needs to be paint as it has a bad big faded spot behind the t tops other than that the paint is ok. I have no polishing tools. I need something that wont take to long cause I will be doing it in a car wash not home. I was thinking the Gold was your top of the line up but the NXT seems to be very famous now. All I want is to make it shine nicely and stop rain from spoling my newly washed look. Some quick and EFFECTIVE waxing is needed.
        With the dark paint colors the NXT is great and adds lots of depth. Without pics its hard to say anything about the faded spot, most likely that is clearcoat failure and cant be repaired without repainting. If its just dirty paint then ColorX would be ideal for you and can replace any polishing steps for the rest of the car. If you are just looking for protection and not to repair any defects (which takes time) then i say wash, dry, polish with something like Deep Crystal System #2 which is easy and quick (wipe on wipe off) or #81 (same method). Then top it with the NXT, the NXT will need anywhere between 15-20 minutes to dry. If you have time, a second coat is recommended to ensure uniform coverage and protection. Ideally you should wait 12 hours between applications of NXT but if you do it quickly you will still be ok. If you have any water left on your car, you will nullify any protection wax will offer, so drying is important. If you dont want to spend the time, then you can just was,dry, NXT, but the results will be much better if you polish first.
        "I drink windex........it keeps me from streaking."

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');