• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

MF Pads Life Expectancy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MF Pads Life Expectancy

What is the expected life span of the DA MF pads?

While using the pad I noticed the center starting to bubble like a loose rug so I knew what was coming. After 2 or 3 more passes it came apart. I was using a 1st gen PC7424 on speed 5.5-6. The thing is I've only used this maybe 10 times, probably not even that much, since I got the DA MF System. Thankfully I had another one to use but of course now I'm wondering how long that will last. The polishing pads seem ok so far.

I really like using this system so hopefully this was just a one time thing.

Re: MF Pads Life Expectancy

Relentless,

Sorry to hear about your issue with our pads. If you have not already please contact our Customer Care Center by calling (800) 347-5700. Make sure to mention this thread and my post.
    Brian Hann
    Manager - Meguiar's Solutions Hub
    Meguiar's Inc.
    Irvine, California
    bhann@meguiars.com
    (800) 854-8073 *3870

Comment

are these the 5" or 6" pads?
      I heard there were issues in the earlier production 6" pads....I have the 5" pads
      "STRIFE" aka Phil
      2005 Infiniti G35 Coupe (IP/ aka White) the Toy
      2011 Subaru Impreza (SWP/ aka White) the DD
      2017 Subaru Forester (CWP/ aka White) Wifey's

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Hann View Post
        Relentless,

Sorry to hear about your issue with our pads. If you have not already please contact our Customer Care Center by calling (800) 347-5700. Make sure to mention this thread and my post.
        Thanks Brian. Replacements are being sent.

Originally posted by STRIFE View Post
        are these the 5" or 6" pads?
        I heard there were issues in the earlier production 6" pads....I have the 5" pads
        I have the 5" as well.

Comment

Great to know personally how great Meguiars customer service is. Thank you MEGUIARS!!
          "STRIFE" aka Phil
          2005 Infiniti G35 Coupe (IP/ aka White) the Toy
          2011 Subaru Impreza (SWP/ aka White) the DD
          2017 Subaru Forester (CWP/ aka White) Wifey's

Comment

Hello, I recently bought the MF system (got it about last week) and was using it for the first time today and allready the MF cloth started to come off one of the pads and the seccond one is also bubbleing up like Relentless is pointing out. I was using speed number 4 as reccomended by Meguiars. Any Help?

Comment

Chabulo,

Sorry to hear about your experience. Please contact our Customer Care Center by calling (800) 347-5700 so we can discuss a solution.
              Brian Hann
              Manager - Meguiar's Solutions Hub
              Meguiar's Inc.
              Irvine, California
              bhann@meguiars.com
              (800) 854-8073 *3870

Comment

Thanks Brian, I contacted Customer Care today and the will be sending me some replacements. I hope that just the ones i bought was bad and that the replacements will go a long time Gotta love Meguiars, they're the best!

Comment

Working...
                X
                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');