• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is this normal?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this normal?

I was debating posting this but the more and more I thought about this, I wanted to express my situation somewhere in hopes that it wont happen to someone else. First and foremost, my correspondence with customer service via email has been helpful and very professional, but I still cannot help but feel uneasy.

Background:
    I had bought a G110v2 from Amazon back in the middle of November '10 because I wanted a more powerful machine than my current g100 for my small client base. The g110v2 worked flawless up until the middle of April of this year when the notorious cord failure happened, at which point I contacted Mr. Stoops to find out how to get this machine warrantied. He instructed me to contact Customer Support, which I did and I believe I talked with someone named Jason who said to consult the manual to get the address to return the unit. I could not locate my manual, so I decided to contact Customer Support via email to ensure I had a firm address. I sent the email around May 18 and I had received an email shortly after with the address to send the unit (my school work did not allow for me to have much free time in this period). I unfortunately did not have a chance to ship the machine until June 28.

This is where I started to worry. The machine arrived at the Customer Care Center according to UPS on July 6th. I unfortunately didn't ask to be contacted to let me know that the machine arrived, but I did receive a call two days later (July 8th) along with a reply to my email stating that a replacement was ordered and should arrive in a week or up to 7-10 days. I understand this is standard business procedure. July 15th came and the buffer did not arrive, so I figured it would be closer to the 7-10 day estimate. Come yesterday July 18th, I contacted customer service again to see if I could possibly get a tracking number to ensure someone would be around for when the machine was delivered, and to my dismay, I received an apology for the inconvenience, but unfortunately something didn't allow the replacement to be shipped, and that instead the g110 would be sent out the 18th or the 19th.

When I read that, I was pretty upset and had a very caustic email written, but I understand mistakes happen and didn't send the angry email. Instead I explained I understood it happens, but I asked if there was anything that could be done for the inconvenience such as receive samples or a banner even, to which I was offered a couple Soft Buff pads of my choice.

While I appreciate being offered these and did indeed accept the offer, I am not one to ask for something different than what was offered, and having bothered the CS rep enough about the situation, I didn't want to push any more. Again let me reiterate, through all this, the CS rep has been professional and courteous, and I know it was my fault for not returning the unit sooner, but had I not followed up, the 10 days for shipping would have passed, and I would have still been without my machine. I understand CS is trying to do the best they can, but I cant help but feel wronged. I am still waiting on a tracking number to make sure someone will be here when the package arrives. I have read on here people getting their units back within about 2 weeks from when they shipped theirs, and I have also read people getting new bottles of product in a matter of days when being dissappointed with a purchase, so having to be without my machine for a month (from when I shipped it out) seems out of the norm for Meguiars.

Please understand, I am not wanting anything else but to get my machine back swiftly and to hopefully help point out a flaw in the system so another customer won't have to wait nearly as long. I still will use Meguiar's Polishes, but if I have to buy another buffer, I am less likely to buy another Meguiar's machine.

Thanks

Joseph Gagliardi

Re: Is this normal?

I don't understand. They said 7-10 days from July 8th. July 18th. It doesn't ship until the 11th day (July 19th) and you get upset and want other compensation? Really?

I think you're being unreasonable, IMHO.
    2000 Ford Explorer XLT "Deuce"
    2007 Toyota Camry XLE

Comment

Joseph,

Thank you for letting us know about this issue and your patience thus far. I am already looking into exactly where your replacement buffer is at this time. Please give me a couple hours to work with our shipper in Connecticut to get accurate and up to date information. The info we do have shows that your buffer shipped on Tuesday after we discovered a very unique problem causing the delay in the shipment of all G110v2 buffers. I won't bore you with the details but the gist of it is we had to set up a special one off process to allow us to replace buffers under warranty even though the G110v2's are currently on back order. This process was put in place a couple weeks ago; however earlier this week we discovered a problem that was causing the delay of these orders. The day we found out (Tuesday) we had a fix and all orders shipped.

I will pm you with further details when I receive them.
      Brian Hann
      Manager - Meguiar's Solutions Hub
      Meguiar's Inc.
      Irvine, California
      bhann@meguiars.com
      (800) 854-8073 *3870

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Hann View Post
        Joseph,

Thank you for letting us know about this issue and your patience thus far. I am already looking into exactly where your replacement buffer is at this time. Please give me a couple hours to work with our shipper in Connecticut to get accurate and up to date information. The info we do have shows that your buffer shipped on Tuesday after we discovered a very unique problem causing the delay in the shipment of all G110v2 buffers. I won't bore you with the details but the gist of it is we had to set up a special one off process to allow us to replace buffers under warranty even though the G110v2's are currently on back order. This process was put in place a couple weeks ago; however earlier this week we discovered a problem that was causing the delay of these orders. The day we found out (Tuesday) we had a fix and all orders shipped.

I will pm you with further details when I receive them.
        Mr. Hann,
        Thank you so much for the reply and explanation. If I came off nasty or snippy, I apologize. While I am not glad it happened to other customers, at least it was discovered and rectified so others could also receive their replacement . I thank you for even offering anything in compensation, I should not feel I am owed more. That was in part due to frustration. Again, Thank you for the quick response on this. Please let Mr. Winn know he had been a great help in this whole situation also.

Comment

Meguiar's did take care of me, I did receive my buffer today and pads. Thank you for rectifying the situation. I was unaware it did indeed ship, until I got the PM this morning with the tracking information. Please understand my reasoning in posting this thread was because I was already told once it would be here next week, so after not hearing back for a tracking number, I was frustrated.

Thanks again for fixing the situation, and happy buffing!

Comment

I just wanted to follow this up and say that g110v2 #2 has just suffered cord failure like the first one

Comment

In my opinion this should be taken with service dept. Nothing we can do for you here.

Comment

Working...
              X
              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');