• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Please Help!!!! Faulty V1 to be replaced with another V1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please Help!!!! Faulty V1 to be replaced with another V1

Hi Guys,

Currently I'm away with work and I have have a faulty V1 with the cord issue.

I have contacted Meguiars Uk and they offering a like for like. I will receive a new V1. After all the problems you hear about I would not like another V1 based on the issues they seem to have.

Meguiars, please can you help?

Rappy
    Last edited by Markus Kleis; May 19, 2011, 01:27 PM. Reason: Spelling

Re: Please Help!!!! Faulty V1 to be repalced with another V1

Moved to Customer Care.

Rappy, please try and post in the appropriate sub-forums in the future - you have 352 posts, you should know better!

Comment

Originally posted by Mark Kleis View Post
      Moved to Customer Care.

Rappy, please try and post in the appropriate sub-forums in the future - you have 352 posts, you should know better!
      Thanks Mark .

Mark, please can you edit my first post? 2 spelling mistakes.

Replaced & hear
      Last edited by rapport25; May 19, 2011, 03:23 AM. Reason: poor grammer

Comment

Hi Rappy,

Is it G220v1 or G220v2 ? Version v2 had some power cord problems for some period of time and they have been resolved.

If you know any electrician or are willing to do it by yourself it's really not a big deal to fix it. Unless of course your DA is still covered by a warranty.

Comment

Originally posted by greg0303 View Post
          Hi Rappy,

Is it G220v1 or G220v2 ? Version v2 had some power cord problems for some period of time and they have been resolved.

If you know any electrician or are willing to do it by yourself it's really not a big deal to fix it. Unless of course your DA is still covered by a warranty.
          Hi Greg, hows things?

I have a basic electrical back ground. I can change light fittings etc...

Its still covered under warranty till August 2011. I think its the V2 of the V1. I hope that makes sense. no cut out on the yellow head part of the d/a.

What needs to be done with the cord? Wiggle it and it works. Or hold in a certain position it works

Also look out for pics of the Jaguar XJ8 and Honda S2000 my next two details.

Rappy

Comment

The power cord part, which is the closest to the unit, is constantly exposed to the twists and direction changes causing it to lose wire connection. You could shorten your cord (eliminating that faulty part) or replace it with a new cord with more secure base.

If Meguiar's UK will send you a replacement it's gonna be an improved version with power cord issue resolved. The faulty stock has been discountinued.

Looking forward to see your new projects.

Comment

Re: Please Help!!!! Faulty V1 to be replaced with another V1

Thanks Greg. That seems to make sense.

Meguiars, please can you help?

Comment

rapport25,

Can you please PM me with all of your personal information. Full name, address, email, phone #, order number, etc.
                Brian Hann
                Manager - Meguiar's Solutions Hub
                Meguiar's Inc.
                Irvine, California
                bhann@meguiars.com
                (800) 854-8073 *3870

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Hann View Post
                  rapport25,

Can you please PM me with all of your personal information. Full name, address, email, phone #, order number, etc.
                  Hi Brian, as requested all information sent via a pm.

Thank You.

Comment

Working...
                  X
                  gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');