• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Meguiars in India

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Meguiars in India

Hi

Car detailing may be in its infancy in India, as the car penetration is quite low. Add to that the gruelling torture of dirt, grime, road tar, environmental pollution, sub standard roads and a myriad other factors that make maintaining a scratch free clean car a distant dream.

But the chance for capturing a market in nascent stage is huge, and detailing is slowly but surely picking up pace in India with teh first full fleded dedicated detailing shops opening up.

Meguiar's has a India specific web page - but its static content and online shopping is not possible.
    Also - the distributors listed seem least bothered to answer calls on Meg's products, and sometime are ignorant about the products they should stock/sell.
    Some of us who have gathered info on car detailing by virtue of secondhand knowledge have tried and found Meg's products to be great!

I personally have used almost all of Meg's consumer line products that I procured from US. But shipping so many liquids by airline checked baggage is a problem (had to pay $100 as excess baggage fee the last time).
    I have also tried buying Meg's products via global shopping websites, but teh cost of shipping + customs duty is more than the actual product itself!

If Meguiar's seriously thinks about gaining a strong presence in India by retailing/manufacturing its products there - it would begreat for us car detailing lovers (and is bound to trickle down to common car owners).
    India is the 7th largest car manufacturer with domestic car sales showing record growth in YOY basis - and this is sure good news for car accessory companies.

Apologize for the long post - please pour in any ideas / comments / suggestions / information you might have in this thread.
    Thanks!
    Sid

Vi Veri Veniversum Vivus Vici

'98 Mazda 626 LX AT ('08 - '09) | '09 Hyundai i10 Asta AT ('09 - now)

Re: Meguiars in India

I second everything that blackasta has said.

There are a whole lot of people (myself included) compromising on Car Detailing Products just because world-class brands such as Meguiar's aren't available here and if one wants to get these products shipped to India the shipping cost and/or custom duty is a real deal breaker (or may be the only deal breaker).

Hopefully Meguiar's make their products available in India soon.

Comment

True , the condition is pethetic !!!

on the stuff of 150 $ , we have to pay 176$ as shipping charges.

hope to hear from you soon. either change the distributer in india or overhaul the whole thing.

regards.

Comment

I too agree with what blackasta said. Though we people are new to the detailing concept, we still go a step further and procure the Megs products at a hefty cost just because its a Meguiars. We would be highly motivated if there is an indication of the local availability of the products.

Comment

To add to what others have mentioned, there is awareness which is spreading of Meguiars products in India & car detailing too.

The market is right now opening up & currently the availability of your products are a major concern. The performance of your distributors across the country is disappointing to say the least Most of them are hardly knowledgeable about the products they sell & don't show much interest in servicing customers too.

Right now most of us are making do with direct imports from the US primarily & would definitely appreciate you bringing in your product range at the earliest preferably through the online store to eliminate the distribution channels of distributors !

India being one of the fastest growth markets of the world with galloping growth in all sectors & recently the auto sector too ( now the 7th largest in the world) does present an opportunity for growth for an established & respected company like Meguiars !

Comment

I second and third what the others have said. There is a strong need for Meg's products in India. We are equipped with not many capable products like Meg's which is why this plea to provide us with Meg's best in our country.

Comment

I had a long chat with 3M guys in Bangalore and Chennai. They are going to open stores with Meg's on 15th of January 2012. Hope they will bring all products to India.

Comment

Meguiars India launching their DIY products on 17th of this month at Bangalore. As per the info I received, they said all products will be available on their agents.

You can still get some of the DIY products from 3M stores. They have it in Chennai.

Comment

Working...
                X
                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');