• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Mike, check this from DC boards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mike, check this from DC boards

Originally posted by shotime
    I found a fix for pad failure. For the heck of it I tried to reattach the Meg's pad that flew off the other day with some 3M emblem adhesive I had laying around. I put it all over the pad, stuck the backing on, then put a bead around the outside. After that it was left over night. The next day it was dry so I tried to use it. Just like new! So far it's been used on 2 cars, once with a PC and with a rotory. I had another pad that was beginning to fail so I put a bead on the outside of that. After 4 uses it hasn't got any worse and is solidly attached. The trick is to almost inject it into the pad and leave a little on top. Then take your finger and spread it flat, getting only about 1/8th in. on the velcro. Sounds wierd but it works.
    Don
    12/27/2015
    "Darth Camaro"
    2013 Camaro ... triple black
    323 hp V6, 6 speed manual

I read your thread about pads and the 3M glue. Keep a close eye on those pads becasue I am not sure what is in that 3M adhesive. Make sure it does not start to deteriorate the foam.

One FYI. Meguair's is in the process of improving the adhesive on our foam pads. You should probably see them out in stores by summer, and I think you will see an improvment on the delamination issue with this improvement.

Regards,

Tom

Comment

Working...
    X
    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');