• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need advice

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need advice

My son and I have started a business as weekend detailers. Most of the cars are daily drivers and soccor vans. I love the Meguiar products that I have used so far. (NXT, Gold Class, scrach X, Deep Crystal 1,2,3) Now I want to take this business to the next level. There are so many different products, I would love to have a chart listing the different polishes in order of their abrasiveness. Is there such a thing?
    Dazed and Confused

Thanks

A good many of the products in the professional line that contain cleaners have a scale on them that gives you a comparative idea of their agressiveness. For example #9 swirl mark remover is a 3 on that scale whereas #83 dual action cleaner polish is a 6. The scale is right on the bottles.
    Bob
    2001 Laser Red Mustang GT Coupe
    Click Here for pics of my Mustang

Comment

Thanks rjstaff. I am finding out that detailing is addictive!! I am going out to buy a PC, more polishes, ...... Now I hope I can find a twelve step program somewhere

Comment

I would call the meguiars 1-800 # and request a "professional" catalog. You will be able to see the scale there.

Just my opinion, but I would have the following:

#80 speed glaze (my favorite)
        #81 hand polish
        #82 swirl free polish
        #83 dual action cleaner polish
        #26 hi-tech yellow wax
        #66 quick detailer
        #40 rubber & vinyl conditioner
        NXT

These are all must haves in my arsenal

Comment

ebpcivicsi just listed 8 steps of a possible 12 step program! You could throw in some Final Detail, #9 SMR, Trim Detailer, and APC+ to complete the 12 steps!

I agree with getting the Professional catalog. Even if I don't use all of the products, I still like to drool over the pictures. And as a bonus it is informative as to abrasiveness and application method.

With polishes, I think you'll find a couple that you'll use so much more than others. For me, DACP and #9 work wonders, and I can get locally. A lot comes down to what you'll be working on, and personal preference.

I've been using the whole NXT line lately, and am very impressed (although I still don't know about durability, but appearance wise they are outstanding). Used NXT Spray Wax today, and uploaded a pic (hopefully) to the "Reflection" thread in the NXT forum. I had expected it to be like EO Wax as u Dry, and bought it rather impulsively today (it was in the store, I was in the store.....) It is simply amazing. Wipe on, let haze, wipe off (notice I said wipe, not buff till you're tired). Couldn't get much easier. The appearance and slickness after is excellent. I think Meguiars has raised the standard with this line.

Dave

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');