• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How thin is too thin? Ultimate Compound

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: How thin is too thin? Ultimate Compound

Batch Number L82018318 for the one I had when it was bad.

But in all honesty folks.....

Let's not get carried away turning all our bottles around and look for numbers!

When I was contacted about the batch number on my bottle, I think Tom wanted to look into the whole picture:

When it was made
    What shift
    When it was shipped
    Who shipped it
    When did it arrive
    What were the conditions when it was shipped.

There may be a few factors as to why a product goes bad besides a batch itself going bad. Freezing, excessive heat, BOTH! Sitting in a hot warehouse then shipping where it freezes or a freezing retailer stores' warehouse then going on the shelves etc.!

So don't panic if you get a bottle with a suspected batch number!

A bottle of most of Meguiar's products should feel like lotion of some kind (hand lotion). SwirlX is somewhat thicker and pure polish in my experience is thinner and the new SMAT products seem a tad bit thicker than M80 say.....

I don't want Meguiar's customer support getting a gazzillion calls for suspected "bad" numbers! We don't need that. Get a bottle, give a shake, if it feels like lotion, throw it in the cart under the TP so the wifey/girlfriend etc don't get mad .

Happy Detailing!

Aaron
    Philippians 2:14 - Do all things without grumbling or questioning,

Comment

Re: How thin is too thin? Ultimate Compound

My bottle of Ultimate Compound feels very watery. If I just tilt the bottle, lots will run right out (more than enough for a full 20x20 area). Is this correct?

Also, I noticed my Swirl X is very difficult to get out of the bottle (have to swing my arm to get it to the tip, and squeeze pretty hard) and is somewhat gooey in a sense. It also makes the paint squeaky with a towel. Is this normal?

UC purchased at Kragen/Orielly in 91214
      SwirlX purchased at AutoZone in 91042

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');