• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Phonetic Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Phonetic Help

This has been bugging me for a while now - How do you pronounce the name "Meguiars" - A bit of phonetic help would be appreciated. I am relatively new to Meguiars and think NXT Polish, supported by NXT Car wash is the best yet. My Merc positively gleams with it.

Re: Phonetic Help

Originally posted by Glenleven
    This has been bugging me for a while now - How do you pronounce the name "Meguiar's" - A bit of phonetic help would be appreciated. I am relatively new to Meguiar's and think NXT Polish, supported by NXT Car wash is the best yet. My Merc positively gleams with it.

Hi Glenleven,

Welcome to Meguiar's Online!

You question is a good one, even I at the age of 17 struggled with how to pronounce the word Meguiar's when I first discovered Meguiar's products in my home town auto parts store.

Here you go,

megwires

The e is pronounced the way you would pronounce egg.

Hope this helps...

Mike
    Mike Phillips
    760-515-0444
    showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Maybe the company name needs to be changed to "Holy S**t" (i.e. = poopie)!
      Because thats the first response everyone says after using Meguiar's.

Well at least it would be easier to pronounce...
      Arizona Corvette Enthusiasts
      08 Atomic Orange Metallic C6 LS3 Z51 4LT
      98 Torch Red Convertible * SOLD
      82 Collector Edition * SOLD

Comment

~ One man’s opinion / observations ~
        The way it was explained to me when I first came to the US was to pronounce Meguiar’s the same way you hear an southern US pronounce Jaguar (jag wire) as opposed to jag you are

( Although I misspelled it megier's for a long time)

~ Hope this helps ~

Knowledge unshared is experience wasted
        justadumbarchitect / so I question everything/ Jon
        ~ Providing unbiased advice that Professional and Enthusiast Detailer’s Trust ~ Blog – http://togwt1980.blogspot.com

Comment

Working...
        X
        gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');