• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

NEW car DC1&2........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NEW car DC1&2........

Hi all, I'm new to this forum (and detailing in general). I Have the last 7 months new car (European Ford Mondeo) and before 1 month I passed it with COLD CLASS , but it seemed to go away after 3 weeks.

Next 2 weeks Iam planing to wax again my car using DC1 and 2 with #20 or NXT. Any help? Should I use both DC1&2 or just 2?
    Is it better to use DC1 with show car glaze#9 or Hand polish M8132?

Also to remove small scraches from car cover I always use , is it better to use scratchX or Medalion M 9716.

Re: NEW car DC1&2........

Originally posted by dikat
    Hi all, I'm new to this forum (and detailing in general). I Have the last 7 months new car (European Ford Mondeo) and before 1 month I passed it with COLD CLASS , but it seemed to go away after 3 weeks.

Next 2 weeks Iam planing to wax again my car using DC1 and 2 with #20 or NXT. Any help? Should I use both DC1&2 or just 2?
    Is it better to use DC1 with show car glaze#9 or Hand polish M8132?

Also to remove small scraches from car cover I always use , is it better to use scratchX or Medalion M 9716.
    Hi dikat...Welcome to MOL!

DC1, & DC2, plus NXT should make for good results on your car.

DC1 is a cleaner, so I would definately include it in the mix.

Good luck with the Olympics...I'm looking forward to watching the games!
    r. b.

Comment

Thanks for your answer
      What about differces between
      scratchX & Medalion M 9716?

Comment

Originally posted by dikat
        Thanks for your answer
        What about differences between
        scratchX & Medallion M 9716?
        Hi dikat,

Welcome to Meguiar's Online!

As far as I know, you're our first member from Athens, Greece!

ScratchX and Medallion Premium Paint Cleaner are very different products. ScratchX is based upon very new technology while Medallion is an older formula.

If your trying to remove defects by hand, then you want to use ScratchX. If you're using an orbital polisher, or a Porter Cable Dual Action Polisher then you can use the Medallion Premium Paint Cleaner.

ScratchX should not be used by machine.

Here's a little "How-To Article" I wrote to better help people understand how to use ScratchX,

How to remove a defect by hand with ScratchX

Hope this helps and welcome again!

Mike
        Mike Phillips
        760-515-0444
        showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Thanks guys!!!

I bought scrathX and Iwill use it on weekend.

Comment

Working...
          X
          gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');