• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where can I buy ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where can I buy ?

Hi Guys

I know this is a sad request.
    I fly into Fort Lauderdale in a couple of weeks for a vacation. I plan to take a few new products back to Scotland with me. Can anyone recommend an outlet that stocks Mequiars near the sea port area.

cheers

Re: Where can I buy ?

Are you staying with someone, or just hotel, etc?
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Doesn't sound sad to me, sounds like fun.

One thing I would wonder about. Some of the products might not be able to be shipped or carried by air. Probably best to be sure before you go to check in your luggage. The security people might have some really nice looking vehicles at your expense.
      Charles
      The Rainmaker

Comment

Hi Jambo, to MOL!

Hopefully somebody who lives in that neighborhood can give you personal recommendations for local sources.

If not, you can try Meguiar's dealer locator. It will give you lists of the local dealers for consumer, pro and marine products. There are a few dozen postal zip codes in and a round Ft. Lauderdale starting with 33301 or you can just punch in the code for the place you'll be staying.

PC.

Comment

I'm picking up a cruise ship and heading of to the Caribbean. We will have a day in Fort Lauderdale in between back to back sailings. Thanks for the thought regds transporting the booty home. As long as it is in the hold I think it will be ok. I check anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by the other pc View Post
            Hi Jambo, to MOL!

Hopefully somebody who lives in that neighborhood can give you personal recommendations for local sources.

If not, you can try Meguiar's dealer locator. It will give you lists of the local dealers for consumer, pro and marine products. There are a few dozen postal zip codes in and a round Ft. Lauderdale starting with 33301 or you can just punch in the code for the place you'll be staying.

PC.
            Thanks for the quick response and info

Comment

Cheers 'the other pc'

I've been to Fort Lauderdale before and will spend a nite in the Riverside hotel on Las Olas Boulevard. I'm sure I find an outlet as the locater is showing around a dozen in the vicinity

Comment

Hi Jambo:

The Meguiar's locator can be out of date; you may need to call to see what product they have.

Another option is to go to yellowbook.com and search for "auto detailing supplies" in Fort Lauderdale, FL; may provide some other possible sources.

Regards,

KTruck
                Make it Shine

Comment

Well, I must put in my two cents:

I just flew to London and the security is very tight. They will through away any liquid that is over the limit or not in the small bag. Even clear water bottles and other contents must be in the bag.

I didn't have much trouble, but I had a friend who had their entire luggage confiscated due to the fact that they had too much of a liquid product inside the bag. They luggage will not be returned.

Be careful buying your supplies! I don't think much will fit in the small bag. You could get a can of paste wax, but all the other bottles will not fit in the required bag size.
                  Chris
                  Dasher Detailing Services

Comment

Do you mean carry on bags or luggage for the hold.?

Comment

You must fit your carry-on liquids, gels, and pastes in one quart size bag. The luggage in the hold can have one gallon bag (big freezer bag size) for the liquids, gels, and pastes.

Now that I think of it, you could probably fit a few bottles in the gallon bag, but what would you do with your other toiletries?
                      Chris
                      Dasher Detailing Services

Comment

Working...
                      X
                      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');