• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

quik detailer bottles

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: quik detailer bottles

Hey STG, Would you care to say where you got the spray heads? Thanks.
    Scott

Comment

Thank you all for your feedback. We certainly want to keep our ears open concerning issues like this. I can tell you that our bottles have been and are under serious evaluation by our Marketing, Procurement, and R&D departments. We have already made some great progress in recent months. We even added a new member to our R&D team whose entire job is packaging issues just like this. He has done dozens of drop tests and other fun projects in his short time with us. I know first hand that he and others are aware of feedback surrounding leaky sprayer heads. We really owe our customers a big thanks for letting us know when issues like this arise. This is a great testament to our users loyalty to Meguiar's. Instead of just jumping ship and buying another brand our customers take the responsibility to let us know and trust a solution is possible.

Thank you again for your posts. I have forwarded the link to key people here at Meguiar's. Please be patient as we work to find the best solutions. It is a really big job to tackle. It can involve many different facets of our business. You can imagine how many thousands of bottles we use daily. I can assure you that Meguiar's is very interested in providing bottles that meet your expectations if not exceed them. If we find something to be sub standard the problem will be addressed. We would never sacrifice a great relationship with a customer to save a couple pennies.
      Brian Hann
      Manager - Meguiar's Solutions Hub
      Meguiar's Inc.
      Irvine, California
      bhann@meguiars.com
      (800) 854-8073 *3870

Comment

Thanks for the update Brian. After reading all the responses, I have completely different experiences with my NXT Speed Detailer sprayer. It's totally awesome. It doesn't leak. It produces a very fine mist, that I just absolutely like. Once that sprayer runs out of product, I am keeping it. I bought it last December. So maybe the bad experiences are from older batches???? Just curious.

Comment

Maybe I am lucky but I have only had one sprayer ever leak in the dozens of QD'er bottles and actually the sprayer was on the Bug and Tar Remove(appears to be the same sprayer). When I do end up with an empty bottle I keep it and the sprayer for what ever use I may have they have come in very handy.

Now, I have had but I have had NXT Speed Detailer sprayer heads stop spraying, they just quit all the sudden my current bottle of NXT Speed Detailer has had one green sprayer, one red and now another red all on the same bottle). I initially thought they were sticking to the bottom of the bottle but that turned out not to be the case.

If Meguiars does some adjustments with the sprayers keep the spray pattern! IMO its nearly perfect for applying all different products.
          Brandon

2007 Black Chevy Avalanche

My Albums: Avalanche
          Meguiars Online Acronyms - Meguiars Product List....

Comment

Originally posted by BlueZero View Post
            Hey STG, Would you care to say where you got the spray heads? Thanks.
            Check your PMs.

Comment

I agree with most other posts.

I've had leaky sprayers on my last 3 bottles of QD, and 2 of QID. Since I've only purchased 5 total, that makes for a 100% failure rate. Not good.

I'd like something better.
              It's only weird because it's not normal

www.project-one.us

Comment

Originally posted by gb387 View Post
                If Meguiars does some adjustments with the sprayers keep the spray pattern! IMO its nearly perfect for applying all different products.

The spray pattern has been fine on all of my Meg's stuff except for some Gold Class Leather Cleaner/Conditioner spray. That bottle shoots out a stream (maybe jet would be more accurate!) of product that could probably reach 4 feet easily. I can't spray it straight on the leather because it just "bounces" right back up at me, and if it's a vertical surface it quickly runs down and drips off. I'll probably just transfer it to another bottle but it is rather frustrating.
                Lydia's Mobile Detailing
                Professional Detailing since 2007

1997 Dodge Dakota SLT V8 - Green
                2007 Honda ST1300 - Silver

Comment

i never had a quik detail bottle leak.

Hmm. i haven't drooped it ever, but I am not overly cautious using it or storing it.
                  Reflection is nothing without Depth

Comment

My QD bottle leaks like crazy, its the second one that has done this.
                    "I drink windex........it keeps me from streaking."

Comment

Proof that the QD bottles leak.

I recently completed the survey from the front page of the MOL site. Said reward arrived in about a week and a half. Very fast indeed.

Don't get me wrong, I am very thankful Meg's offered the survey reward, but the leaky bottles have to be addressed at some point.

The QD bottle has about 1/4 of the fluid left in the bottle if that. I think it has all been absorbed by the box as it smells good and the corrugated is trashed.

Here are the pics as received. I did cut the tape open on the box, but as I said, it was soaked and all torn up.

It's only weird because it's not normal

www.project-one.us

Comment

I have generic spray bottles that I put the products into. I plan on picking up some spray bottle from ADS they look great and there are all sorts of sprayers for them.

Comment

When I hold the QD on an angle to spray any horizontal service...it leaks.

Hopefully R&D can figure something out or you can be proactive and put the products in you own spray bottle.

Personally, I like the original look of the bottles, but I guess Im wasting the spray.

Comment

I received my survey reward yesterday and had the same problem with QD leakage as mckeand13 but nowhere near as bad. The mf soaked up most of what leaked. I do like the QID though as this is the first time I tried it. As long as you always make sure the triggers are on tight (a bit hard to do due to the ratcheting design) they don't leak.

Comment

Originally posted by mckeand13 View Post
                              I agree with most other posts.

I've had leaky sprayers on my last 3 bottles of QD, and 2 of QID. Since I've only purchased 5 total, that makes for a 100% failure rate. Not good.

I'd like something better.
                              Hi mckeand13,

I've forwarded your e-mail to me onto Customer Care about the leaking spray heads so they're aware of your issue with the spray heads and someone should be in contact with you via e-mail. You can also call them and cite this thread and I'm confident they will send you a replacement.

Mike Phillips
                              760-515-0444
                              showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Just to point out, (It's pretty obvious from the pictures), it looks like the box got banged around during shipping... that's completely out of our control.

Once the box is placed on a truck, we have no control over what happens to it during shipping.

If you have received one of the Gift packages for filling out the survey and any of the bottles were found to have leaked or is leaking, then please contact our Customer Care department and they will replace the damaged products. Here's their phone number...

1-800-347-5700

Thank you for your patience and understanding...

Mike Phillips
                                760-515-0444
                                showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');