• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bought a G100a

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bought a G100a

It didn't come with a backing plate. Is this normal? I've looked all over cleveland, ohio trying to find one so I can use the polisher but nobody carries them, not even lowe's.

Hi:

If you purchased just the DA then it is normal to come without a backing plate or pads.

However, the Meguiar's G100a I believe does come with a backing plate. So it depends on what you actually purchased.

Unfortunately Meguiar's products are not available at retail in many areas, same thing here. For many products the only option is to purchase from an online vendor.

If you are just getting started and will need pads also; you should try to find the kit that has a backing plate and pads sold together as that will be the best price.

Also, the backing plate for a DA and rotary are different so be sure to get the one for a DA.

Regards,

KTruck
    Make it Shine

Comment

it depends, not all places sell the G100 with a backing plate.

but like it was mentinoed make sure you get a backing plate for a DA.

anyways, i got a question as well that maybe a MEGUIARS rep can answer.

I bought and own a G100 and is it LIFETIME WARRANTY. I bought it in Canada at a Car Show from Jason, but no recpiet or anything. So how can i claim my warranty if something happens.

aren't all G100's LIFETIME WARRANTY?

thanks

and for the backing plate check MEGUIARS STORE ONLINE!!!

Comment

Did you purchase your machine directly from Meguiar’s? If you did the backing plates are on a back order. They should be shipping out in about a week or so. We do apologize for the delay. Once they clear back order they will be shipped out ASAP. If you have any other question or concerns please feel free to contact me anytime. Have a wonderful day!
        Ash Erickson
        Marine / RV Sales & Training Rep.
        Meguiar's Inc.
        800.854.8073 Ext. 165
        aserickson@meguiars.com

Comment

Sorry forgot to mention. Yes I bought it all from Meguiar's E-store. Right now I have a very expensive paper weight.

Comment

what about my G100 and its LIFETIME WARRANTY?

thanks

Comment

As you know All Meguiar’s G100a come with the Life Time Guarantee. If you bought it from a show we should have your information on file. If you have any problems with the machine we will be more than to take care of you. You can call the Customer Care Center at 800-357-5700 and any one of use will be glad to serve you. If for some reason we have no information, the Machine is labeled differently from the Porter Cable version. This labeling will help with the process for an exchange. Sometime we will get the Porter Cable version returned we can not honor that machine. If you have any other question please feel free to contact me any time.
              Ash Erickson
              Marine / RV Sales & Training Rep.
              Meguiar's Inc.
              800.854.8073 Ext. 165
              aserickson@meguiars.com

Comment

i'll PM you.

Comment

Working...
                X
                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');