• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where can I complain about wanting to buy Meguiars and not having where to?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Where can I complain about wanting to buy Meguiars and not having where to?

This is another complain for Meguiars Europe and specifically Portugal, for not having most used products (look at Meguiars Europe site).

I wanted to buy #81, #82, Citri Gel, Final Detail, among others. They are simply not available here (and no hope they'll ever be )

This is why I don't usually discuss Megs products
    Waxin'

Id have to agree, but I live in Florida. If I could have found a good supply of Meguiar's products I might have spent my whole paycheck this weekend or any day for that matter!

I mean were are talkin consumer products too! Meguiars being a product that such strong customer loyalty, that every discount store and auto part store has to carrly your product. Now WTF dont you require them to carry everything in your consumer line? I mean arent you paying for the shelf space, maybe its a blunder on Meguiars part?

And then where does one go about gettin some of the professional line? I can find #7 and #26 but thats it. Id really like to find it locally as opposed to online, and Id be apt to spend more and more often.

In all Id have to say meguiars has to be loosing millions in sales because of lack of product on the shelf!
    http://aeriostyle.com/images/uploads/ShortBuSX.gif
    Is there any way I can use my gif as a signature? Or am I missin it?

Comment

Originally posted by Short BuSX
      Id have to agree, but I live in Florida.

I mean were are talkin consumer products too! Meguiars being a product that such strong customer loyalty, that every discount store and auto part store has to carrly your product. Now WTF dont you require them to carry everything in your consumer line?

And then where does one go about gettin some of the professional line? I can find #7 and #26 but thats it. Id really like to find it locally as opposed to online, and Id be apt to spend more and more often.
      I think you mis-understood everything in my post.

Being this is America, we should be able to find more! I dont think it too unreasonable for Meguiar's to demand retail outlets to carry their entire consumer line, after all companies have to pay for shelf space. Meguiar's is a product that sells itself, its not like its ever just going to sit on the shelf and rot, and then so what if it does, Meguiar's would just buy it back, BFD!

Point is there are a ton of the consumer products Ive never even seen in stores, and unfortunately Im forced to buy a competing companies product, when all I want is the 'GOOD STUFF"! And trust me I curse Meguiar's everytime I have to use inferior product cause theirs isnt on the shelf!

Comment

I will look into that site, thanks for the link.

Ive worked in retail or some form of sales for ever. I would agree that no "mom and pop" independent retailer should be forced to carry any product. But retail outlets such as WalMart, KMart and Auto Zone, etc...vendors pay for shelf space and they maintain their own stock. So to have the entire consumer line wouldnt be too difficult and should be quite profitable!

Comment

If I could have found a good supply of Meguiar's products I might have spent my whole paycheck this weekend or any day for that matter!
          LOL, I looked all over Northeastern PA for Meg's brown bottle products. When I walked into Mickey's Automotive Specialties, I didn't have enough in my checking account to cover all the stuff I wanted!

Tom
          As the light changed from red to green to yellow and back to red again, I sat there thinking about life. Was it nothing more than a bunch of honking and yelling? Sometimes it seemed that way.

Comment

Well followed the link, naturally it listed every Kmart, Walmart, AutoZone and Discount A P stores all over the county.

I next checked for Pro dealers, interestingly enough there are 2 in my town, both very reputiable. Then I did a search of the products Im interested in...NOTHING! NO DEALERS IN MY AREA! So Ill go by Eckler's later on this week, atleast they will be able to order it for me if they dont have it(if their price is right).

Comment

I live on the space coast, central Florida near Cocoa Beach.

But dude if I didnt have the internet, I would never know about half of these consumer products, you feel me?

Comment

Short BuSX,

Which particular products are you looking for? You say, "consumer"; that could be a lot of stuff, anything from maroon bottle stuff to Gold Class Leather Wipes.

If you are looking for the tan bottles, look in the phone book under "Auto Body and Paint Supplies".

Maybe it doesn't help, I know. The stuff is out there, though, and nearby.

Tom
                As the light changed from red to green to yellow and back to red again, I sat there thinking about life. Was it nothing more than a bunch of honking and yelling? Sometimes it seemed that way.

Comment

By consumer products I mean the clay bar(right now I have to use Mother's and their spray is pure crud!) the odor eliminator, TRIM DETAILER(once again I have to use Mothers and its too wet and runny), bug and tar remover, Extra all surface cleaner, PlastiX(currently in serch of Plexus) and all other washin brushes, tools and accesories. I mean when was the last time you have EVER seen a Meguiar's brush or cleaning tool on your local shelf? I know I got a whole bunch of Eagle One products to choose from! They dont seem to have a problem gettin their stuff on the shelf, its not my first choice but heck I got no other choice! So like I said CONSUMER PRODUCTS.

I dont understand why you all are so defensive, your consumers too, and Im just as loyal as the rest of you, thats why Im here! I just want to remain loyal and I just want one choice for my detailing supplies, MAGUIAR'S!

How many of the above products have you seen on your local shelf? Well dont you use something other than those products for lack of Meguiars? Now would you use or atleast try the Meguiars if it was there?

So to me it make no sense to make a consumer line if its not available to the consumer, just keep it all a secret and the world will lead a path to your door!

Comment

I don't think anyone is being defensive here. Just trying to be realistic. I don't think you realize just how extensive the consumer line is. No store is going to devote the shelf space it would take for the entire consumer line especially when 99% of the consumers that come in looking for a wax buy the cheapest thing on the shelf. We are amoung a small percentage of people who are willing to spend the money to purchase quality products and spend the time to keep our rides looking the best they possibly can.

Sure, it can be a pain to locate the products you are looking for but, if you take my suggestion and find a store willing to order the products you want than there is no reason you should ever have to find substitutes.
                    Last edited by rjstaaf; Feb 24, 2004, 07:46 AM.
                    Bob
                    2001 Laser Red Mustang GT Coupe
                    Click Here for pics of my Mustang

Comment

Hmmm. I didn't feel like I was being defensive when I wrote that; I felt like, "Maybe if I knew a bit more about what this guy was looking for, I could help him better."

But, that's cool.

As you know, since the mfr pays for the shelf space, the mfr is going to put the products that turn the fastest in that space. The blunder would be to put PlastX there instead of Gold Class Liquid Wax. With Meguiar's (a small company) competing with Proctor & Gamble , 3M, and such, that shelf space had better have its profit potential maximized, or no more Meguiar's.

I'd advise you on other products that work well, but this IS a Meguiar's website. Your best bet is to either order directly from Meguiar's, or check out The Toll Warehouse . I've ordered from The Tool Warehouse. The prices are cheap, there's no tax, and shipping is fast, and free with orders over $100.

Tom
                      Last edited by Mosca; Feb 24, 2004, 07:47 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by rjstaaf
                        I don't think anyone is being defensive here. Just trying to be realistic. I don't think you realize just how extensive the consumer line is. No store is going to devote the shelf space it would take for the entire consumer line especially when 99% of the consumers that come in looking for a wax buy the cheapest thing on the shelf. We are amoung a small percentage of people who are willing to spend the money to purchase quality products and spend the time to keep our rides looking the best they possibly can.

Sure, it can be a pain to locate the products you are looking for but, if you take my suggestion and find a store willing to order the products you want than there is no reason you should ever have to find substitutes.
                        See your missing my point again, Im not talkin about consumer waxes, and if what you said was true then wed all be using turdle wax! What Imtalkin about are products that are necissary for cleaning a car. Window cleaners, plastic cleaner, trim detailer, clay and all the other stuff that you are currently using another companies products cause you cant get the Meguiars without placing an order! Dude, these are impulse buys! Disposible income! If yer washin yer car on Saturday are you really goinfg to wait till next Tuesday for friggin Meguiar's glass cleaner? No your going to buy another brand! Would you ever try the Meg's glass cleaner? If you had to order it?

It really wouldnt cost a whole lot for them to fill the shelves with their consumer line, we are talkin 20 items maybe! Eagle one seems to be fillin the shelves and I know they havent been in business as long or have the following and loyalty Meguiars has!

The money they are loosing has to be more than the money it would cost to fill the shelves!

Maybe the word defensive was the wrong description, but yall seem to be making excusses for Meguiars, content with the low quality comprimises you have to make.

Instead of making excusses for Meguiars try this instead: "If I had access to the entire Meguiar's consumer line, I would try the rest of the line, atleast once(if the product was needed) instead of inferior comprimises!"

HELLO MEGUIAR'S??? ARE YOU LISTENING???

Comment

BTW, tried the dealer locator for the professional line, said Eckler's was a dealer, went there today, they looked at me like I was crazy! Didnt even know what I was talkin about, suggested Auto Zone!

Comment

Hold on, let me check my inventory for "low quality compromises"....

Nope. I don't see any there.

OK, now let me see if I can find ANY Meguiar's item....

Yep. I have access to the entire Meguiar's line. I can find ANY Meguiar's item you can name, and buy it RIGHT NOW, on impulse. As a matter of fact, to prove it, I'm going to buy the Odor Eliminator, and the Residue Removal Kit, just because I can!

I'm sorry, I don't see your point. But, best of luck to you!

Tom

Comment

Wow this was a waist of time and bandwidth. Good luck with your quest Short BuSX
                              Bob
                              2001 Laser Red Mustang GT Coupe
                              Click Here for pics of my Mustang

Comment

Working...
                              X
                              gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');