• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why Meguiar's recommends polishing paint

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nice job on the truck. There shouldn't BE salesmen, just people like you that know the products and solve problems, it's a good philosophy.

Here's an on-topic question... How does the presence of wax affect the performance and longevity of a polish applied over top?

Comment

Originally posted by SchwarzenSchafe
      Nice job on the truck. There shouldn't BE salesmen, just people like you that know the products and solve problems, it's a good philosophy.
      * Either Mary Kay Ash, Founder, Mary Kay Cosmetics, or Arthur "Red" Motley, former Editor of Parade Magazine said,

"Nothing ever happens until somebody sells something".

I tend to agree with her, people tend to deride salespeople, but when I see a person driving down the road with a trailer full of Jet Ski's, or dirt bikes, or a pleasure boat, etc. I think to myself,

They couldn't take those toys out and have fun all weekend until somebody sold them the toys in the first place.

You can use any analogy you like but the idea is a professional salesperson helps us to buy what we want or need.

Here's an on-topic question... How does the presence of wax affect the performance and longevity of a polish applied over top?
      That's a question that comes up all the time and the thread for that can be found in the Information Station forum under Hot Topics

Lot's of great information in these forums...

Meguiar's How-To Articles
      Hot Topics
      Meguiar's Automotive FAQ

Here are two threads that discuss the answer to this question

Do Glazes/Fillers affect the bonding of NXT?

A question on wax bonding and the potential for interference by a quick detailer?

* I've found a website for May Kay Ash that claims this is her quote and yet another website that claims this is Red Motely's quote. Either way, it's a great quote.
      Mike Phillips
      760-515-0444
      showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Y'know, I was going to log in and post something there; but then I remembered, there's no way to look good when you argue with people over the internet. I couldn't imagine writing ANYTHING that would eventually elicit the response, "You know Tom, I thought about what you wrote, and you're right."

I think I'll go for a drive a little later, then maybe cook up some steaks for the family on the grill, have some corn, some zucchini. I mean, it's a beautiful day, why ruin it because someone else is cranky?

Tom
        As the light changed from red to green to yellow and back to red again, I sat there thinking about life. Was it nothing more than a bunch of honking and yelling? Sometimes it seemed that way.

Comment

Now let's get this thread back on topic which is why Meguiar's recommends polishing paint.
          YES!!!!! I want to read more about POLISH! and paint and sealers....come on guys!

Alex
          Mandarina Racing

Comment

Not to steal the thread, but how come Joe (the gentelman detailing the '57 chevy pickup) Cut it with a woolpad and what looks to be '84 (cant tell) and polished with the G100 and #80. Is this because it is a single stage paint? I have not detailed many single stage paints and would like to hear some info... *cough mike phillips *cough* lol
            Rangerpowersports.com
            Ranger72

Comment

Originally posted by Mosca
              Y'know, I was going to log in and post something there; but then I remembered, there's no way to look good when you argue with people over the internet. I couldn't imagine writing ANYTHING that would eventually elicit the response, "You know Tom, I thought about what you wrote, and you're right."

I think I'll go for a drive a little later, then maybe cook up some steaks for the family on the grill, have some corn, some zucchini. I mean, it's a beautiful day, why ruin it because someone else is cranky?

Tom
              Bama

Comment

If you go through the whole forum all you see is that agentf1 guy answering every thread that mentions Meguiar's with a recommendation to try Zaino. It's obvious that he has an agenda that is not shining cars. I would trust it to be obvious to anyone else also.

A guy wants to use the Z product, great; if he uses it right, his car will look really fantastic.

But my car will look really fantastic, too, and I can get my products at Pep's or WalMart, I spent less money, and I get this great forum with almost instantaneous support if I need help.

I have something that works for me. I have a couple cars that look like they've been kept in a wrapper. I've taught countless people how to bring their cars to the same standard. You don't need Zaino to do that. You need knowledge and skill. And of the many places that you can use to find that knowledge and skill, this is one of the best, by far. Sure it promotes Meguiar's products. I mean, it's Meguiar's forum! but it also provides consistent, accurate information and advice both for general questions ("What's the difference between waxes and sealants?") and specific questions ("HELP PLZ MIKE! I have swirl marks everywhere!") with pictures and tutorials.

So, when I say that I have something that works for me, Meguiar'sonline.com is part of that. I can't separate the product from the support, personally. If I'm having a problem, I know that I can post it here. If I found something worthwhile, I know I can share it here.

FOR ME, that's part of the product, y'know?

Tom
                As the light changed from red to green to yellow and back to red again, I sat there thinking about life. Was it nothing more than a bunch of honking and yelling? Sometimes it seemed that way.

Comment

It's the support that reflects the product.

I've got it all here.

Comment

Some people are just out to raise heck, looking for a way to bash a company/representative. I have appreciated everything you have provided this community with and your extensive knowledge of paint care and Meguiar's products in general. It's the kind of people that make posts with the sole intention to bash someone that make forums hard to follow sometimes.

Comment

Originally posted by Mosca
                      I have something that works for me. I have a couple cars that look like they've been kept in a wrapper. I've taught countless people how to bring their cars to the same standard. You don't need Zaino to do that. You need knowledge and skill. And of the many places that you can use to find that knowledge and skill, this is one of the best, by far. Sure it promotes Meguiar's products. I mean, it's Meguiar's forum! but it also provides consistent, accurate information and advice both for general questions.

Tom
                      Agree with you Tom. I agree with Mike's signature... "Find something you like and use it often." Skill is more important in my mind than what brand of products you use. Meguiar's, Mother's, Zaino, etc. all make good products and with the proper technique anyone can use these products and get an outstanding result. Who am I to tell anyone that they are wrong for using a product that works well for them. I don't believe in bashing people, companies, or products to get your point across. One reason Meguiar's has so many products is because people have different needs and different opinions on how they want their vehicles to look. I have used Meguiar's products for years, and one thing that I can say is that Meguiar's is a class operation. It has great customer support, and I trust their products. This forum is a great place to get informed and share experiences. It may be blasphemy, but I'll admit it. I also use a lot of Mother's products, which I like and work for me in certain situations, but I am certainly not going tell someone that they shouldn't use NXT because I think FX is better. It's just my opinion. Information is the key. After all, beauty is in the eye of the beholder.

Also, I just wanted to add that I think Mike and the rest of the mods on this forum do us a great service and an excellent job. I look forward to Mike's informative posts and insights. Guys, keep up the good work.
                      Last edited by Bama; Jul 14, 2005, 05:29 AM.
                      Bama

Comment

Originally posted by Bama

Also, I just wanted to add that I think Mike and the rest of the mods on this forum do us a great service and an excellent job. I look forward to Mike's informative posts and insights. Guys, keep up the good work.

-Bob
                        NXTti graduate, Meguiars Ford/SEMA Team

"All Corvette's are red, the rest are mistakes" - John Heinricy (Corvette Engineer)

Comment

Originally posted by Bama
                          Also, I just wanted to add that I think the mods on this forum do us a great service and an excellent job.
                          Just to note...

We only have one Moderator, 2hotford and yes... he does an excellent job of Moderating as well as helping people to get the best results from their time, money and efforts.

Plus he's a genuinely nice guy.
                          Mike Phillips
                          760-515-0444
                          showcargarage@gmail.com

"Find something you like and use it often"

Comment

Originally posted by Ranger72
                            Not to steal the thread, but how come Joe (the gentelman detailing the '57 chevy pickup) Cut it with a woolpad and what looks to be '84 (cant tell) and polished with the G100 and #80. Is this because it is a single stage paint? I have not detailed many single stage paints and would like to hear some info... *cough mike phillips *cough* lol
                            Any thought on this guys? thanks
                            Rangerpowersports.com
                            Ranger72

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Phillips
                              Just to note...

We only have one Moderator, 2hotford and yes... he does an excellent job of Moderating as well as helping people to get the best results from their time, money and efforts.

Plus he's a genuinely nice guy.
                              Mike, understand. Just trying to give you, 2hotford, and all Meguiar's employees who post here some love and to say thanks. We appreciate the insight and advice.
                              Bama

Comment

Originally posted by Ranger72
                                Any thought on this guys? thanks
                                Joe (Superior Shine) did start another thread to answer that specific question I believe.

This should help
                                General Auto Detailing Discussion. Participate in existing discussion or start a new thread with your question.
                                -Bob
                                NXTti graduate, Meguiars Ford/SEMA Team

"All Corvette's are red, the rest are mistakes" - John Heinricy (Corvette Engineer)

Comment

Working...
                                X
                                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');