• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Great ScratchX Questions Thread!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Great ScratchX Questions Thread!

This might help a little...

Rotary vs. PC vs. Regular Orbital Buffer
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Does the answer from last year still stand? Because after the product was reformulated, I thought it was printed on the tube. That it can now be used by hand or pc.? Anyone.
      quality creates its own demand

Comment

I have 2 new tubes of ScratchX, and yes, it does say on the tube that it is ok to us it with a PC.

I have read the how to, on how to remove scratches by hand with ScratchX. It shows using ScratchX, pure polish, and wax. Would there be any problem with using Scratch X, ColorX, and NXT? The car is red, so I thought the ColorX might help it pop.

Comment

Sure, that would be a fine order. ColorX will be able to cover the polishing and first wax step all in one, then just a second coat of wax like Nxt will be good.
          2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

I used ScratchX for the first time Saturday, and had great results.

I have an '03 Mitsubishi with single stage red paint. It was pretty swirled, and had been improperly dried with regular bath towels after each wash. I do not own a rotary or G100, but I do own a basic 6' orbital buffer that operates at 4000 OPM, if I recall correctly. Here is the process I used:

First, I clayed the car.

Then, I applied 2 coats of scratch X to all panels (3 coats on the hood) via the orbital with a foam pad made by Turtle wax. I moved the buffer slowly - extremely slow over the worst areas, and removed with microfiber towels. At this point, I noticed a huge improvement.

I then put on a fresh foam pad, and did a coat of the #9, Swirl Remover 2.0 from the professional line. Again, I used the same technique of moving the buffer slowly, and removing with microfiber.

Next, I put on a terry cloth bonnet, over a foam hand applicator pad on the orbital, and applied a coat of Pure Polish from the consumer line, in the burgundy bottle, and removed with a microfiber towel.

I then finished with 2 coats of NXT paste, applied by hand, and removed with microfiber towels.

From now own, I will wash using the 2 bucket method, and dry with microfibers only. I am pretty computer illiterate, but if I can figure out the instructions for posting pictures, I will. This process took 8 hours, but the ScratchX was awesome, and the orbital buffer seemed to do OK (although not as good as a G100 I'm sure).

Comment

Working...
            X
            gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');