• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sunday Detail of 2012 Tuxedo Black

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sunday Detail of 2012 Tuxedo Black

Ok, so I spent around 7 hours detailing my fiancee's 2012 Flex SE in Tuxedo Black on Sunday. Started out with a 2 bucket wash with Gold Class, just ordered Grit Guards, so I kinda ghettoed it. Followed up with a clay bar treatment. Big props to Keim Ford in Columbus, Ohio, barely any rail dust or much of anything on the truck. I'm very impressed with whoever their detailer is...
    I followed that up with some Deep Crystal Paint Cleaner. The paint seemed really smooth at that point. Applied Ultimate polish and worked it in really well. Brand new paint so it wasn't that difficult. Followed that up with Ultimate Wax. I really like this wax. Goes on really smooth but it can be a pain to get off. I'm sure I applied it a little too thick. I was working by hand. Still need to order a Meguiars DA...
    The fianc

Re: Sunday Detail of 2012 Tuxedo Black

Sounds good.
    It's refreshing to hear some positive comments about dealer detailers - that hardly ever happens!

I assume there's more to come?
    Originally posted by Blueline
    I own a silver vehicle and a black vehicle owns me. The black one demands attention, washing, detailing, waxing and an occasional dinner out at a nice restaurant. The silver one demands nothing and it looks just fine. I think the black vehicle is taking advantage of me, and the silver car is more my style. We can go out for a drive without her makeup and she looks fine. If I want to take the black one out, it is three or four hours in the "bathroom" to get ready.

Comment

Re: Sunday Detail of 2012 Tuxedo Black

nice to hear good words about a dealership
      Ford's Oakville plant is close enough to Columbus that it probably spent 1 day in transit.
      2012 VW GLI

Comment

Working...
      X
      gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');