• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Ultimate Polish Very hard to wipe off

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ultimate Polish Very hard to wipe off

Today I did a 5 stepper on my car,

!. Wash
    2. Ultimate Compoud
    3. Ultimate Compound again
    4. Ultimate Polish
    5. Ultimate Wax

I used Compound twice because I had no clay and surface was a little bad.

My problem happened when I put on the Ultiamte Polish. It was 65 degrees out and pure sun, so i parked in a very shaded area all day. I ownly used a very thin amount, overlapped 4 to 6 x. and used a clean microfiber buffing towel, and then tried a general purpose microber towel and the stuff was almost impossible to get off. I'm not sure what I did wrong?
    Why walk through life when you can strut.

--- Tobymac

Re: Ultimate Polish Very hard to wipe off

May have used too little, and it dried up on you. Even just wiping it around will act to dry it out.

Generally will be harder to remove when dry.

A quick wipe with your applicator, with a drop more product if needed, to get it wet again can help when that happens to you.
    2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Thanks man! Hey, I noticed the Pittsburgh on ur location. I lived in Steubenville, Ohio not to far from there for a year. And a bunch of family lives about a mile away from Ross Park mall. cool, peace out!
      Why walk through life when you can strut.

--- Tobymac

Comment

I'm a bit north of Pittsburgh now, but cant quite change it yet...
        2017 Subaru WRX Premium - WR Blue

Comment

Had the same thing happen to me when i first started polishing. How ever it was 80 outside and surface was hot to touch. Learn ult polish works best when the surface is cool to the touch. I actually found misting with quick or water then wiping it with a thick microfiber towel helps remove left over product.

Comment

Yes make sure the car is cool to the touch for best results. You can always mist with water as you're working to give yourself more "working time."

Comment

If I have that problem I just spray some quick detailer on it and wipe with a microfiber and it works great.

Comment

It always works well for me. Maybe do like nissanBill said, and use quick Detailer if it won't come off.
                ~Ryan

Comment

Working...
                X
                gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');