• If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Meguiars's scratch X and UC not taking out scratches

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Meguiars's scratch X and UC not taking out scratches

I have a few scratches on my hood most probably caused by birds.
    I've used ScratchX and Ultimate Compound trying to take them out but to no avail.
    What makes it frustrating is that the scratches cannot be felt at all and yet they are stubborn to get out.
    I have a picture that shows just one of the scratches(top right corner of pic. ) but is indicative of the other scratches,some are shorter others are longer.
    The reflection on the hood is my garage's ceiling.
    I have prepared the surface by washing and applying wax remover.
    Do I need a DA polisher?
    What am I doing wrong?
    Any help/advice would be very much appreciated.

Re: Meguiars's scratch X and UC not taking out scratches

Before I tried to correct it any more, I would clay it first. You do not want to be rubbing contaminants back into your finish. How many times have you gone over it with the UC? Try doing it multiple times and see what results you are getting. If that is not working, you may want to get a DA and use that to try and work the UC or even 205. Remember, least aggressive first.
    ChrisThompsonsCustom@gmail.com
    www.ChrisThompsonsCustom.webs.com
    (352) 897-0050

Comment

Working...
    X
    gtag('config', 'UA-161993-8');